What's new

Van Yulay soaps?

So I came across the soap maker, Van Yulay, I've never seen them or heard about them, granted I know there are about a million soap makers out there when it comes to this hobby. However they intrigued me, and so while I looked over their website, I noticed that their soaps have a unique look to them in the container, four pour points it looks like.

Regardless my question was, has anyone used them here, what did you think, how was the performance, general observations etc's. Looks like they have also closed their website until further notice due to a family emergency. While I don't plan on buying anything immediately, I'm always looking to line up my next purchase.

Tried 2 samples
Nice scent and good lather, but caused irritation for me

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi 9T Pro met Tapatalk

Sniffed a million testers and tried 4 or 5 samples at Big Shave S'West a while ago. Good performance and a huge variety of scents. I would buy from Van if I didn't already have 45 lbs. of soap in my closet.

I have had a dozen or so testers of them a couple of years ago a very nice smell. However could not get decent lather out of them even in the van yulay bowl... so 👎 for me.

Soooooo Happy with stirling.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Have two: Gingerbread and Chocolate.

Gingerbread smells great, works great, made for Christmas.

The chocolate had lathering issues, but great scent. So I cut a few squares, mixed with a few square chunks of Haslinger Schafmilch. Now that looks like a smore, smells like chocolate, lathers up a storm.

As many scents as they have, suspect performance varies.

AA

34E530B3-8E6E-419E-8F12-A7F546276293.jpeg

Not to be confused with . . .

Tons of scents. Some very good.

But soap is quite soft, and it took a lot of product to get a workable lather.

I ordered some samples from her a couple of years ago ... and about eight of them are still sitting next to my desk, unused . Too many soaps around that perform better and require less product.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

They have a lot of differnt formulas and some work better than others. My 2 favorite Van Yulay scents were not my 2 favorite latherers. Thankfully they sell samples.

well interesting feedback guys, and that's why I come here, in the world of artisan soaps there are only a few choices, as I say that with sarcasm, so instead of throwing money down the drain, I do my research and gauge the community and then use that as my baseline as a go or a no go.

I thought with all of the scents that they had, something would have made me click the "buy it now" button, but so far.......nothing.

Top Bottom