What's new

Van Der Spice!

Used it last night and again this morning to touch a few spots up. Works great! My wife commented on the smell too. She liked it!

Last edited:
I did Vanderspice over the weekend. THe smell is nice and it lathers up well. While it provided a good shave, I am getting better chaves from my creams as of late.

Made some ofr myself last week, been using it exclusively since then, along with the Ivy Spice AS. Wife loves the scent, and I get just as good of a shave from it as I do anything else I've tried, outside C.O. Bigelow. And I'll probably improve as I figure out the lather thing.

I microwaved some Van Der Hagen for 24 seconds in a tupperware container in a 1200W microwave. Opened up my brand new $1.30 Ivy Spice from Family Dollar and squirted some in. Not a very scientific measurement, but I've heard rumors that about a tablespoon is right for a puck. I then stirred it with a toothpick and poured it into my Old Spice mug.

Some folks double the recipe to completely fill the mug.

I made mine using some incredible smelling Bay Rum ASB from spiritgoat.com

I picked the balm up at an antique store in Utah this past Thanksgiving. The smell is very reminiscent of Old Spice with a little bit of a bay rum twist. I have never smelled anything like it, but it smells amazing to me and my girlfriend loves it :w00t:

I wasn't sure if the balm would mix well with the soap but I stirred in about 4 capfulls of the stuff anyway. It didn't completely blend or dissolve as I can now see it swirled in the soap but it works like a charm and brought life back to my very neglected VDH Deluxe.

I am in no way affiliated with spiritgoat and haven't tried any of their other products but if you have an extra $10 laying around I highly recommend their bay rum ASB 4oz for $6.50 plus shipping.

Top Bottom