What's new

Van Der Hagen Self Heating Cream

Hello All

I was in CVS today and while in the shaving section, saw VDH Self Heating Cream.

Anybody try this? Claims to warm up your face and open pores. Not sure if a brush can be used. If it happens to be brushless, I was thinking I could combine it with another cream if it does as advertised.

Just curious if anyone has picked one up to try.

I haven't seen it, and I always check the drug store shaving aisles. Real Shaving Co used to sell a similar product when they were still in the US market - it really did heat up after application, but it was strictly a facial masque and not a shaving cream. I tried a tube of it and found it interesting as a novelty but not as a regular part of a skin regimen. The heat is a chemical reaction, and that concerned me.

I haven't tried it myself. However, I do know it isn't supposed to be used with a brush. If it works or not, I have no idea.

I might pick one up. I would assume a chemical reaction of some sort is going on there. Menthol does a great job with cooling, but always assumed without looking it up that the cooling is only sensation rather than temperature. I wonder if sensation could trick those pores into opening up without chemical. Says patent pending.

Never saw it before, wonder if the release coincides with Gillette’s heated razor on the way soon.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
If you give it a go let us know how you get on. It might be okay for Winter use if the stuff in not harmful to the skin.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thread title just gave me an idea of what to do with unused MRE heaters … just add water for a hot shave anywhere!

You didn't want to eat that MRE food, anyways.

AA

Top Bottom