What's new

Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap now at Wal-Mart!

When to my Wal-Mart in Cleburne Tx Saturday and behold they have the Luxury SHAVE soap and the red boxed VDH Shaving kit on the shelves.
Puck was $3:75 and the kit was about $25:0 bucks.

I've had those in My Wally-Mart for a couple of months now. Always nice to have something local. The VdH Luxury Scented is the only puck soap I use regularly.

Ours has the luxury kit with the badger brush for $24.88. I can't remember if the luxury soap is sold there separately but the Krogers have started carrying it.

It replaced the less expensive VdH Deluxe that they used to have. I tried it and didn't think it performed better than Deluxe. It's larger, but I don't think twice as large - yet it's twice the price. The really bad part, though, is that Deluxe smelled ok while Luxury smells like childhood memories of mom's makeup.

I am digging the Luxury. Easy finds for deluxe locally at CVS and Walgreens. I usually keep delux in the plastic "cup" as less space in the shave kit when travelling (one too many tubes opened or messy when travelling).

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Perhaps this is a sign of the resurgence of DE shaving, soaps, brushes, etc.
Bobby:
proxy.php
...and I'll check-out my Walmart. BTY, I was a Deluxe man until I tried the Luxury and ​
proxy.php
...what a difference!!
proxy.php

The Luxury
far out-shinned the Deluxe (which was then my 'go-to' soap), in terms of lather, lubrication, cushion, glide and scent. I also add 10 drops of glycerin per puck (and about 10 drops of Clubman Citrus Musk [fortified with Royal Lymes]), before I melt it (nuke), for 'Überlather', extra lubrication, cushion, glide and scent . :thumbsup:

Read More:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/357300-The-Van-Der-Hagen-Society?highlight=

Read More: http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/sh...product=196305

attachment.php
“What is elegance? [Shaving] soap, [a brush] and water”! Sir Cecil Beaton

I just picked up one at Target a few weeks ago. Had no idea if it was any good since I had just started researching straight razor shaving. Been using it with my Gillette Fusion since. Just ordered a Dovo Special w/ tortoise. Anxious to take the next step.

Silly question possibly, but what scent is this? My local Walgreens is now carrying it, but the box makes no mention of exactly what scent it is. $luxury_scented.jpg

Top Bottom