What's new

Van Cleef and Arpels

I received a generous sample spritzer from a recent unofficial B&B trade I did. It was Van Cleef and Arpels "Tsar". I'm new to the whole world of smell-good, but I really like this stuff. A lot. More than anything I've tried.

When I did a B&B search on it, I was surprised to see how many people were down on it. Then I noticed that one of the main complaints was that it had been reformulated.

I'm not too concerned about negative reviews, and I found a place online where I could buy it for dirt cheap. My only problem is that I'm not too sure which sample I have; the original or the reformulated version. The person who sent it to me was not the original owner, it had also been given to them. So I figured I'd post on here and ask if anyone has some they wouldn't mind sending me a sample of.

It doesn't matter if you have the old or new version (unless they made more than two) as I'll know right away if it's the same stuff. If you send me the reformulated and it's the same smell, great. If it's not the same scent, then I'll know. Same goes for the original.

All I need is about a drop! I'd appreciate it greatly.

Is it a decant, or a manufacturers sample spray? If it is a manufacturers sample spray, I would be inclined to say it is the reformulated version. The downside about buying the original, pre-reformulated version is that if it will go up in price and become harder to find should you choose to keep wearing it and re-purchase bottles.

It's a plastic disposable spritzer that holds around 5 oz. with a handwritten sticker on it that says "Van Cleef and Arpels 'Tsar'". I'm pretty new to scents, so I have no idea what that means as far as it being a decant or manufacturers sample spray, but I'm assuming the former...

It's a plastic disposable spritzer that holds around 5 oz. with a handwritten sticker on it that says "Van Cleef and Arpels 'Tsar'". I'm pretty new to scents, so I have no idea what that means as far as it being a decant or manufacturers sample spray, but I'm assuming the former...

That would be a decant. No way to know if it is new or reformulated.

You can get a 1oz bottle of the current juice for under $15 here.......
http://www.scentmonkey.com/product.php?code=M-3462

If you do a google search, there are always coupons for free shipping and such for Scentemonkey. This would be your best bet....
Or, you can order a 1ml sample vial (frees shipping) for $2.99 from the same site.......

Top Bottom