What's new

Vacuum Pot and Long Handle DE

OldSaw

The wife's investment
While traveling home from the cottage by a different route I stopped in a new antique shop. and found these.

View attachment 10616

I wasn't in the market for a vacuum pot but after reading Scotto's vacuum pot review just an hour or so earlier it just sort of jumped out at me. At $5.60 I could hardly pass it up. I have a stove top vacuum pot, but this plug in model is really nice. It is made by Sunbeam and automatically switches to low heat when finished, to allow the vacuum process to work.

The long handle Gillette was also hard to pass up with the case and blades. Although, I wasn't really interested in one. I have been earnestly searching out something different, but keep making other delightful finds.

Great score! After you finish your coffee don't be afraid to try those vintage Gillette blades. They are stainless and chances are they are still good. I have used them and find them to be of very high quality. Sharp and smooth.

LOL, When I first looked at this post, I thought vacuum pot?? I saw the pic, and thought to myself, steaming towels? Hot lather? What does it do!? :confused:

wasn't expecting coffee, lol

OldSaw

The wife's investment
LOL, When I first looked at this post, I thought vacuum pot?? I saw the pic, and thought to myself, steaming towels? Hot lather? What does it do!? :confused:

wasn't expecting coffee, lol

Hi and welcome.

We get into all sorts of obsessions here. Not just shaving.

no, really, isn't there some sort of way you could maybe stuff a towel in the top? then you could have a coffee infused hot towel! i bet it would be amazing! coffee might taste odd, though.

I've got a vacuum pot, also. Paid considerably more than that for it though. It does make some of the best coffee i've ever had. My parents remember growing up with them and grandmother remembers making coffee with one. I made a pot for the parents and they were really impressed with the flavor. I know good coffee helps but the pot is a real show. Sounds like a jet on take-off when the water pulls up into the upper chamber.

Top Bottom