What's new

Using Fragrances With Unscented Shaving Cream and Soap

I don't know why I have thought of this before now. I've narrowed my shaving creams and soaps to mostly unscented versions, with a few exceptions like Speick. This morning, I sprayed one small spray on the back of my hand and enjoyed a shave with the strong scent of C&S #88. It was awesome! I showered after that and washed off the #88 (though to be honest, there was still a little residual scent even after scrubbing with soap, that stuff is strong!), then dressed and applied my fragrance for the day as usual.

Anyone else do this, or have other non-traditional ways of using fragrance?

I sorta do the same thing but in reverse. I use the soap/cream of choice for that day, and enjoy it in all of it's glory, scent and all. Then use an unscented aftershave to avoid any interference with the fragrance of the day. Follow that with the actual fragrance of the day.

Admittedly, my soap/cream selection is around 75 different ones, so very often I will choose one to compliment the fragrance choice, or at least set myself up for the choice. If I am not so ambitious that morning, I simply choose a rather neutral smelling one, like a lavender (example; Yardley) or one that more or less smells like "soap" (example; Palmolive stick)

Before anyone asks, the aftershave is homemade, and consists of; Aloe, Witch Hazel, Alcohol, Water. It's about 15% Aloe, followed with about 40% Witch Hazel (then shake very well.) Followed by about equal amounts of Alcohol and Water to fill up the bottle. This is prepared in a simple 4oz spray bottle that will last a few weeks of daily use. I obtain just the right amount of alcohol "sting" by adjusting the ratio of alcohol and water, and the scent of the Witch Hazel is gone in mere seconds. The Aloe gives it nice moisturizing and skin conditioning properties and I adjust the amount up slightly in the winter and down again in the summer (to allow for the dryness of the air) If you are more talented than me, you could simply use a splash type of bottle, but when I try that, I get more in the sink than on my face. (a lot more)

YMMV

Top Bottom