What's new

Unscented better lather?

So have you guys noticed unscented has a better lather? For lather at least for me, Canada unscented beats MdC scented (I know different brands, but I suspect they are same). Unscented Catie's Bubbles is better, unscented PAA CK6 is better than scented. And I hear Lothur unscented is better as well.

I use unscented shaving soap or cream pretty much all of the time, so it's hard for me to compare. However, with bath soap I know at least some brands use a slightly different formulation with unscented that makes the lather richer (Dr. Bronner's for example I think increases the jojoba oil or something).

However, I suspect most brands would be the same but just without the fragrance? Maybe they try to capture the sensitive skin market and make the lather different for that reason?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have not noticed that, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I prefer MdC Nature (unscented) to Canadian, but not by a lot. You might still prefer Canadian, these things tend to be pretty ymmv.

FWIW, I only have a very few unscented shave soaps & creams, but have never noticed any significant difference in lather or performance vs similar scented offerings!

travel set aos truefitt hill opus unscented august 9 2014s.jpg

I love unscented soaps, but haven't noticed any differences in soaps from MdC (nature versus Vetyver) or Stirling (Naked & Smooth / Sheep versus several others).

I do know 1 thing, it certainly doesn't make the lather less than their scented brothers and sisters.

So have you guys noticed unscented has a better lather? For lather at least for me, Canada unscented beats MdC scented (I know different brands, but I suspect they are same). Unscented Catie's Bubbles is better, unscented PAA CK6 is better than scented. And I hear Lothur unscented is better as well.
In a nutshell, No. But, if you think they do then that's all that matters to you.

Top Bottom