What's new

Typical American Meals especially 70's and 80's

Roast chicken or beef on Sunday with all the fix'ins
Beans and weiners on Monday
Mid week was a mix of different dishes.
Fish and potatoes on Friday
Pasta and meat sauce on Saturdays

Life was so simple back then.

Most Sundays we would have pot roast or chicken. Oven fried Bisquick chicken. Monday would be leftovers. Tuesday Lasagna, Wednesday leftover lasagna. Thursday would be pinto beans and cornbread. Friday would be leftover beans and cornbread. Saturday was most likely moms day to fill in the gaps.

I do remember a dish my mom called ,” Easy Day Casserole “ it was ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, frozen peas, topped with tater tots. Also sloppy joe on hamburger buns or over a cornbread muffin.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My brother, who is in his mid-70s now, still has not forgiven me for being born. Oh, we get along all right -- but when Mom was "lying in" (back when having a baby meant five days in hospital) Dad was planning to take my brother out for this newfangled thing called "pizza." One of the neighbour ladies came trotting over with a tuna-noodle casserole, however, and Dad being a thrifty Scot took the opportunity to declare dinner on the table.

We weren't sure how to pronounce it. Some people thought it should be "PEET-za" while others said "PEE-ZA" or "PEE-SA" and a few called it a "Sicilian Pie." Don't matter what ya call 'em. It's all good eatin'.

Especially with pineapple. [badump-tiss!]

O.H.
You can't beat pineapple on pizza....

View attachment 1268595
You two have been reported to the proper authorities. :)

"spaghetti"

which was rotini (spiral pasta) with Ragu sauce which was doctored up with diced onions & peppers sauteed with ground beef.

The sauce was orange-tinged, not red

Man I could go for some of that right now!!!

Top Bottom