What's new

Types of Leather - Post your Pictures!!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Over the past year I have fallen in love with a certain wallet, and have been researching different leather types as a potential upgrade.

There is a dizzying array of leather types to choose from, in different colors. Which one you may want will likely differ depending upon what product you are seeking - wallet, shoes, watchband, etc.

This will be an ongoing thread where we can post favorites, ideas, reviews, and the like, for the various leather products we love!

I’m on my second Popov, and only because a pup got the first one. I cut in a money clip on both and have never wanted another. I’ve also got an A5 notebook cover and Valet tray in the same leather. They should last beyond me baring natural disasters (like pups).

Heritage Brown Leather Card Holder: Slim Fit for Front Pockets - Popov Leather® - https://www.popovleather.com/collections/leather-wallets/products/leather-card-holder-heritage-brown

This was a runner up consideration for a good few years:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I’m on my second Popov, and only because a pup got the first one. I cut in a money clip on both and have never wanted another. I’ve also got an A5 notebook cover and Valet tray in the same leather. They should last beyond me baring natural disasters (like pups).

Heritage Brown Leather Card Holder: Slim Fit for Front Pockets - Popov Leather® - https://www.popovleather.com/collections/leather-wallets/products/leather-card-holder-heritage-brown

This was a runner up consideration for a good few years:

I have looked at popov. You cannot deny their quality. Do you have a picture???

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Moose, from Rogue Industries.
image.jpg

Legion

Staff member
IMG_0758_zps5f95ae1e.jpg

This one is interesting. It is sheep leather that has been embossed to look like stingray. It's much more supple that stingray (I have a ray wallet somewhere around here...), and it's proven to be really durable. I wish I'd been able to find a larger piece.

I might try and find the hardware, and make a roo nato strap like that. Actually, it might be cheaper to just cut up a nylon nato strap and take the hardware..
Yeah. It’s probably a fair bit cheaper. I now know some leather workers who could do the work if this one ever fails, and I’d rob parts off a cheap/on hand strap too.

20231103_095809.jpg

20231103_095840.jpg

I'm convinced that it's impossible to take a photo of a belt with a cell phone, so these will have to do....
Saddleback Leather's tow belt. 3 layers of full grain leather, 316 stainless steel hardware. The top one's in coffee brown with about 90 days worth of wear. I threatened to purchase a black one, which I did during their 20th anniversary, 20 % off, 24 hr sale. Probably the last belts I'll ever need; have to get one of those silly dress slack belts for the rare occasions I dress nice 😕.

Top Bottom