What's new

TWSBI Vac700 Review: Dont Tell Brian

Good thing you "know a guy."

-Andy
Last couple of times I was in the area during his business hours it was locked up. He got married to his high school sweetheart from 60 years ago or whatever so he is probably busy learning his instant 30 grand kids and great grand kids names.

Jack in Columbus. He is the owner of a fountain pen shop. Nuttier than a hatter. He had/has a handful of old Watermans and Aikens and other very vintage pens with super flexible nibs priced less than what I saw at the pen show this last weekend...

How about those TWSBI 700 Vacs?

Jack in Columbus. He is the owner of a fountain pen shop. Nuttier than a hatter. He had/has a handful of old Watermans and Aikens and other very vintage pens with super flexible nibs priced less than what I saw at the pen show this last weekend...

How about those TWSBI 700 Vacs?

:lol: is this thread about those? We seem to have royally hijacked it!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

Last couple of times I was in the area during his business hours it was locked up. He got married to his high school sweetheart from 60 years ago or whatever so he is probably busy learning his instant 30 grand kids and great grand kids names.

Oh no! I may need you to make a purchase for me before he shutters the place or shuffles off his mortal coil. Either could happen any day now. Jack really is quite a character. (his advice: "Don't use Pelikan Blue-black ink." See? They guy's crazy, but he has an amazing pen collection.)

Maybe leave a note on the door next time you're around, John. He was often closed during business hours back when I lived in Columbus, too.

-Andy

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
syngent let me borrow his Vac early last week and I've been having fun using it at work. A few co-workers have commented on it as well, as it's a fair bit larger than my Snorkel and the transparent orange colour is an eye-grabber. The ruby red ink it's loaded with also helps with attracting attention as well.

Alongside a Lamy Safari (my first FP), this is probably the larger FP I've used. In fact, I think it's a little to large for me to use on an ongoing basis, but as syngent mentioned when he handed it over to me, it's something that you start to get used to fairly quickly. But as soon as I pick up my Snorkel, the brain clicks that the Vac is a little too large.

Nibwise, this is the smoothest I've used and I have no issue at all with how it lays down a line. I'm used to finer nibs, so the scribbling in my work notebook looks absolutely gigantic to me, as I'm actually using the whole height of the line.

Thanks, syngent, for letting me play with this puppy.

I haven't bought a pen in about 5 years (wasn't even familiar with TWSBI). Now, I'm eyeing up a Vac... :thumbup1:

Might have to treat myself for X-mas.

Top Bottom