What's new

Two PIFs for two vintage Gillette razors and Russian blades

Two drawings for two vintage razors. Each will come with a selection of over 100, mostly Russian, blades. The first is a pre-1950 Gillette Heavy Tech. As many of you know the fat handled Tech is one of the vintage razors that gets a lot of praise around here. The second is a 1958 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed. Please know that while I cleaned the razors up a bit, they have signs of wear and are not sterilized. I give no guarantee as to its usability or sterility, although they seem to be in order. Now for the terms

1. CONUS only. I’ll pay shipping.
2. The persons entering must not have a vintage Gillette razor, must be relatively new to DE shaving, and must have a genuine interest in using a vintage razor. In the end, if you don’t like it please pass it along rather than sell it.
3. The persons entering should have at least 20 posts and no more than 100, within a reasonable margin.
4. The persons should post their experience with the gear. This can be a separate thread if the person wants to retain plausible deniability concerning winning the PIF.

I will keep the entry time open until Sunday July 21 at 5:00 p.m. CST. I will make the selections using a random number generator. The first person selected will get the Tech, the second the Super Speed. Once selected I will PM you to let you know and get your mailing address. If I do not hear from you in 48 hours I will select another winner.

Wow what a great PIF. Please count me in! I'm just a tad over the 120 post mark though. Started DE shaving last December and don't have any vintage razors yet but a Super Speed is the vintage razor I'd want to try first. I enjoy reading people's experience with them and occasionally check out eBay for birth year ones (1965 for me) but haven't gotten one yet. As for Russian blades, I've tried Astra SPs and Voskhods and enjoy both.

Anyway, thanks for doing such a generous PIF!

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I’m not in, but this is a good PIF. The big prize is a Heavy Tech Gillette. Pretty good!

I’ve been using a DE for just 2 months. No vintage gear, except my face. And somehow I messed up my profile and subtracted 50 years from that

I would like to be in on this

Top Bottom