What's new

Two NFL Games

San Francisco v/s Detroit, Kansas City v/s Baltimore. Think both game could be good matches, expert all have opinions, hope fans get their moneys worth. The tickets prices are nuts.

Super Bowl next, I most watch for commercials, that use to be great. Last few years mostly duds.

Of the four remaining teams, I am pulling the most for the Detroit Lions. It's a wonderful Cinderella story, a coach who was mocked when he was hired by perennial loser, an organization that was miserable for decades but has now drafted and traded well, got themselves a very good quarterback and have fashioned a team that's tough and talented. Detroit is a city that has known nothing but failure for years and it would be a wonderful story if their team won it all.
Kansas City is a terrific team, well coached and blessed with the best quarterback of his generation. They've won two Super Bowls and are tournament tested. It wouldn't shock me if they won it again, even though they clearly weren't as sharp this year. They're hitting their stride but ...
In their way is the Baltimore Ravens. No offense to Baltimore residents or fans but I despise the Ravens.
Why, you ask? Because at one time they were my beloved Cleveland Browns before their petulant traitor of an owner, Art Modell, picked up his marbles and move them to Baltimore. :sad: Yes, I realize they're under different ownership now and I respect the organization they've established tremendously but I cannot and will not ever root for them despite the fact I think they're the best team in the NFL this season.
And, finally, the 49ers. I would have thought weeks ago that they were the best team ... that is until the Ravens visited them in San Francisco and absolutely eviscerated them. Brock Purdy is a cool story, the last man drafted a couple of years ago, thrust into the starting QB role and operating at an incredibly high level. And yet doubts remain as to how good he is and how good this team is.
We'll find out more today.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
1706458685962.png
"Defend the Den"!!! Detroit Loins Catch Phrase

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I’m looking forward to some good football today. It would be great to see Detroit keep going, but I also like San Fran and especially enjoy the dynamic play of Christian McCaffrey, fun to watch. Im leaning towards KC in their bout with Baltimore, perhaps because I’ve followed them a little more closely this season and watched more of their games. No clear favourite here, just happy to watch some good football.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Of the four remaining teams, I am pulling the most for the Detroit Lions. It's a wonderful Cinderella story, a coach who was mocked when he was hired by perennial loser, an organization that was miserable for decades but has now drafted and traded well, got themselves a very good quarterback and have fashioned a team that's tough and talented. Detroit is a city that has known nothing but failure for years and it would be a wonderful story if their team won it all.
Kansas City is a terrific team, well coached and blessed with the best quarterback of his generation. They've won two Super Bowls and are tournament tested. It wouldn't shock me if they won it again, even though they clearly weren't as sharp this year. They're hitting their stride but ...
In their way is the Baltimore Ravens. No offense to Baltimore residents or fans but I despise the Ravens.
Why, you ask? Because at one time they were my beloved Cleveland Browns before their petulant traitor of an owner, Art Modell, picked up his marbles and move them to Baltimore. :sad: Yes, I realize they're under different ownership now and I respect the organization they've established tremendously but I cannot and will not ever root for them despite the fact I think they're the best team in the NFL this season.
And, finally, the 49ers. I would have thought weeks ago that they were the best team ... that is until the Ravens visited them in San Francisco and absolutely eviscerated them. Brock Purdy is a cool story, the last man drafted a couple of years ago, thrust into the starting QB role and operating at an incredibly high level. And yet doubts remain as to how good he is and how good this team is.

+1 I grew up in Cleveland, was at their last three conference title games. The Red Right, the Drive, the Fumble. Long since transplanted here by my uncle Henry, I'd like the Lions to win, since my boys grew up here & are fans.

But the NFL is, as the saying goes, Not For Long. It is no longer watchable, when they have to replay the coin toss then have six guys with a aggregate IQ of a pineapple argue about whether Tyler Swift looks good.

Oh, and the Detroit game will run 4 to 5 hours, mostly pap and commercials.

Humbug

+1 I grew up in Cleveland, was at their last three conference title games. The Red Right, the Drive, the Fumble. Long since transplanted here by my uncle Henry, I'd like the Lions to win, since my boys grew up here & are fans.

But the NFL is, as the saying goes, Not For Long. It is no longer watchable, when they have to replay the coin toss then have six guys with a aggregate IQ of a pineapple argue about whether Tyler Swift looks good.

Oh, and the Detroit game will run 4 to 5 hours, mostly pap and commercials.

Humbug

The NFL is a National as k FLAG Football League, games & rules are not good old black n blue your opener friendly.

Today if Duck Butkus, Phil Villlapiano, or Jack Tatum were playing.

All would be rejected, or banned from playing. Those three are example of what football was before the game became Woke.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Well, ok, I don't know what woke means, except maybe tomorrow. But most of the old guys would puke

Villipiano was a Falcon during my time there, he had a girlfriend at OU as well as I

And I believe both of us wore leather helmets in our youth

Detroit had a nice lead at halftime and has gotten their lunch eaten the second half. :angry:
They have completely self destructed. It was a good run and hopefully they continue their success next year. It's been a long time since they have been relevant and I'm happy to see them make it this far.

Rooting for the 49ers in the Superbowl now.

I despise the Ravens, too.

When Ersay moved the Colts to Indy in the dead of night Baltimore fans reacted with shock and horror and decried the move as the darkest thing since WW2.

But at the first opportunity they stole the Browns from Cleveland, the Browns, just snapped em up, threw’em in the trunk and drove away, slapped a new name on them and won a championship. Cleveland built a contender and Baltimore shamelessly hijacked it. No guilt. No apology. F U !

I’ll always hate them.

I despise the Ravens, too.

When Ersay moved the Colts to Indy in the dead of night Baltimore fans reacted with shock and horror and decried the move as the darkest thing since WW2.

But at the first opportunity they stole the Browns from Cleveland, the Browns, just snapped em up, threw’em in the trunk and drove away, slapped a new name on them and won a championship. Cleveland built a contender and Baltimore shamelessly hijacked it. No guilt. No apology. F U !

I’ll always hate them.
Me too.
Forever and ever, amen.

Top Bottom