What's new

TV series I miss seeing

The Six Million Dollar Man . . .

I am still amazed that no one has done a reboot for the theatres (the $6 BILLION Dollar Man).

One series I picked up on DVD (one season only) was the New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, a Hanna Barbera prime time show from my youth that I adored that mixed animation with live action.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
IMG_20200721_210822.jpg

“Macgyver“ is my hero.

Rocky & Bullwinkle
Underdog
Dobie Gillis
Banacek

Rocky & Bullwinkle is a classic.

I remember Dobie Gillis with Maynard (Bob Denver before Gilligan). My parents would get slightly annoyed if they called me and I responded with "You rang?". They got very annoyed if they told me to cut the lawn or do some other chore and I responded with "WORK?!".

Banacek was a good show. My wife and I watched when it was on.

I don't think Underdog came on until I was a freshman in college. At the time, I had bars in Louisville that needed my support. I didn't have much time for tv. Louisville was wide open and crazy in the 60s.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Rocky & Bullwinkle is a classic.

I remember Dobie Gillis with Maynard (Bob Denver before Gilligan). My parents would get slightly annoyed if they called me and I responded with "You rang?". They got very annoyed if they told me to cut the lawn or do some other chore and I responded with "WORK?!".

Banacek was a good show. My wife and I watched when it was on.

I don't think Underdog came on until I was a freshman in college. At the time, I had bars in Louisville that needed my support. I didn't have much time for tv. Louisville was wide open and crazy in the 60s.
Underdog was a 1960s cartoon- same vintage as Rocky & Bullwinkle. I also miss those Hanna Barbera formulaic cartoons- Magilla Gorilla, Wally Gator, Quick Draw McGraw, Lippy the Lion, etc. They all followed the same pattern- a stupid main character and an even more stupid sidekick.

Owen Bawn

If we're talking Brit programmes I'd love to see Ballykissangel and The Vicar of Dibley again. Or go waaay back to Are You Being Served?

I really enjoyed a short lived series called The Magician with Bill Bixby
Anthology shows of any kind were a thing when I was young. They're starting to make a comeback now with Dark Mirror and the plethora of streaming services.

One thing I also enjoyed in the 1970's (and a bit off-topic) was the return of the radio anthology series. Sears Radio Theater (each weekday was a different theme, mystery, romance, etc.) and great CBS Radio Mystery Theater.

Owen Bawn

I really enjoyed a short lived series called The Magician with Bill Bixby
Anthology shows of any kind were a thing when I was young. They're starting to make a comeback now with Dark Mirror and the plethora of streaming services.
I vaguely recall The Magician. Around 1973 or 74. I often confuse Bill Bixby with Ken Berry of F Troop and Mayberry RFD, the Andy Griffith spinoff.

Just noticed this.

No offense meant, but not even LEOs carry their tactical shotguns with shells chambered like you and the other guy are suggesting.

Shotguns are not designed with the same trigger safety integrity of a handgun. Keeping a shell in the chamber indefinitely is a great way to create an accidental discharge scenario. Kick or drop a shotgun with a chambered shell by mistake, and find out.

Load the magazine tube, keep the safety off, but don’t chamber them until the time is right.

Some misinformation is just plain dangerous.

And I stand by my earlier recommendation to rack the first one in, nice and loud. It gives an intruder one last chance to leave (or for a friendly to id themselves) before the firing starts. Home Defense by ambush ends with bloodshed much more frequently.
I bet not many here are old enough to remember these. Ah, the golden days of 50s tv when a half hour show only had 4 minutes of commercials.

Crusader Rabbit & Rags the Tiger. The precursor to Rocky & Bullwinkle. Same show, same voices with cruder drawings. I remember liking it better than Rocky & Bullwinkle.
Winky Dink and You. Convincing your mom to order that plastic to cover your 12" tv screen, before drawing on it with crayons to help Winky escape. Ah, the memories of hearing parents yelling that you'll go blind being that close to the tv, not to mention scrubbing crayons off the screen if you lost or forgot the plastic.
Million Dollar Movie. Nothing better as a kid than watching the same old movie (King Kong, Godzilla, Rodan, Gunga Din, etc) for a week straight. Two showings on weekday evenings and 3 showings on Sat & Sun. Loved it.
Zacherle, the ghoul hosting Sat afternoon horror films and doing brain (califlower) surgery on the wife during breaks.
Abbott and Costello tv show.
Soupy Sales. A favorite, with white fang and black tooth, and absolutely insane. Pies in the face and him telling kids to go into mom's purse and send him paper money. I think that last bit got him suspended or cancelled.
Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon serials from the 30s and 40s on tv after school.
The Mickey Mouse Club with Annette.
American Bandstand. Late 50s-early 60s.

I was once home for a week as a boy with Chicken Pox and saw the Crimson Pirate 15 times in one week on Million Dollar Movie. It was a family joke for years

Owen Bawn

Of more recent vintage, I wish the Jim Gaffigan Show, Brockmire, Teachers, and Those Who Can't had all been picked up for another season or three.

Top Bottom