What's new

Tumbler.

Having a bit of an issue finding a tumbler available in Canada or near by etc, any reviews of something easily available to me up in the north? Thanks guys.

I was looking myself a while back, and yes, they are not easy to find. I found the best overall selection was from Wholesale Sports (at least in their catalogue, in store they only had one or two) or Bass Pro Shops. Otherwise I would just suggest looking in sporting good stores that carry reloading supplies.

I have one that I am willing to sell, I used it before I got a buffer.
Let me know via PM, if you are interested and we will talk details.

I just bought two vibratory tumblers today from a gunshop in Vancouver. They cost me $49 each - one for walnut and one for corncob. I would suggest that you call up some gun store and ask them if they carry these tumblers. They usually would because hunters and gun enthusiasts like to reload them bullets rather than buy new ones. They clean their shells in the tumblers during this reloading process. Hope that helps. Good luck. If you live in Vancouver, I went to Italian Sporting Goods on Renfrew. Tomorrow I'm going to the pet store to buy some plain walnut and corncob so that I can create different abrasive mixes for my tumblers. I think Walnut with rubbing compound will be the first one I do.

Let me know how both those media types work out for you, I live on Vancouver Island and just moved here so I haven't been able to locate some of the bigger sports shops yet so i'll keep my eyes open thanks a bunch guys.

I've been working with my two vibratory tumblers on and off for three weeks now I think. I'm really glad I invested in them. As I mentioned I use one for walnut (Tufnut) and one for corncob + metal polish. I haven't really ventured into other mixtures because these two do the job for me. I recently completed my first two restorations and I found the tumblers work really well. However, in my opinion one still needs to do some initial rust removal (if necessary) and final polishing - I use red rouge on a buffing wheel. Maybe this is not necessary for some others but on the two that I've done so far I had small scratches marks that I could not remove with the corn cob. Here's a link to a recent restore.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=151820

Below are some pics of my two first restores - Both using tumblers and final polishing with red rouge. The last photo shows the before pic of the back of the larger Haddon razor.

Top Bottom