What's new

Tuckaway Bites

Gentlemen, I have a very eye-pleasing Tuckaway and I want to use it on a regular basis but the darn thing bites my chin every time I shave with it. Can any Tuckaway users suggest a blade that is a good match for this razor?

If it is a silver one, then I think your best option would be to send it to me. :biggrin1: But in all seriousness, when I had a gold Tuckaway, I found Derby blades worked well. It is an aggressive razor, but the Derby's seemed to treat me well.

I use a Feather Blade with my Tuckaway on Monday after not shaving during the weekend. Smooth with no bites or nicks. I use my #66 the rest of the week. For me, the Tuckaway bites a bit if used on a daily basis. YMMV

I have one like this, which according to Mr. Razor's website (from which I borrowed the photo below) is a NEW Norfolk Chromium Tuckaway.

proxy.php

I have one like this, which according to Mr. Razor's website (from which I borrowed the photo below) is a NEW Norfolk Chromium Tuckaway.

In that case, the only option is to send it to me. :lol:

Anyways, I've only used Derby's in the New Improved head style. So, I can't say if they are good in this version.

My best experience with my tuckaway (admittedly it's a New Improved, not the New) has been with Red IP's. Great, smooth, and all around delightfully exquisite. My brother tried the same razor with a Crystal and had a monstrously bad experience however.

I've never had much luck with Derby's in anything, and when I got a Tuckaway I must have been in a bit of a joking mood as I put one inside it after cleaning it up, and lo and behold it was just a purely wonderful shave! Even tried a few more blades in it to see if it was a fluke, but still did good. Not sure if I want to try anything else in it now. :lol:

Similarly I tried a Derby in a New Improved razor I had for a short time and that thing just pulled and tugged all the time no matter the blade I threw in it. I get that with some other razors too that it just doesn't seem to like any razor blade I throw its way.

Top Bottom