What's new

Trying to Figure Out my Favorite Soap/Creams

I guess I don't have what would be considered alot of soaps/creams by folks here, but it is alot to me. I usually grab a different one each day so it can be a relatively long time before I use something again. I decided to try to determine my favorites so I am not using one product for a week at a time. So, over the past 3 weeks this is what I have used and my thoughts on each:

Week 1 - Stirling Gentleman: A wonderful product, easy to lather, excellent slickness and IMHO one of the best scents I have tried. Not sure why I like it so much, I just do. I would rate this a 10 and will definitely purchase a full tub when I finish the sample I have.

Week 2 - Stirling Lime: As with all Stirling products, easy to lather and excellent slickness and an excellent shave. However, I have had this tub about a year and the lime scent seems to have faded. Will finish the tub but will then try a different lime product due to scent issues. Would rate this an 8.

Week 3 - Razorrock XXX: Have not used this in a while, but am very impressed. Excellent all around shave, really enjoy the scent, slickness and post shave feel. I would give this product a 9 and will keep it in my regular rotation.

Next week - to sure what the next product is, it is between Proraso blue cream, TOBS Sandalwood cream or maybe a GFT Sandalwood cream. Lets see what I grab Monday morning.

Im usually a soap guy and there are plenty of good ones. Latha soaps, taconics, wsp forumla t soaps cella to name a few..My favorite to shave with though is a cream.With Simpsons cafe latte i get the smoothest shaves. It has sooo much glide and a drop gives me so much lather its unbelievable. No matter what combination of blades,brushes ,razor and pre shave ive used I have never gotten a knick or weeper. It also seems ive used too much but i know it was just a drop plus I enjoy the scent. The cafe latte is the only smpsons I've tryed but I dont know why the others woudlnt work as well So if you've never tryed or have it sitting in a draw try it or give it another shot. Im sure you will be pleasd. It is also the only soap or cream I would spend $ 25 on. I picked it up the first time on sale for 10 dollars but its worth the 25 it normally goes for. Happy shaving

If RazoRock strikes your fancy as a performer, I recommend you try their What the Puck offering in the Blue Barbershop scent. It’s a triple milled hard soap, so it requires a bit more love during prep, but it’s a phenomenal performer and lasts a hell of a lot longer than any croap out there. I’m recommending this to everyone I come across because the scent is so reminiscent of the classic barbershop experience of yore.

Both of those sandalwood creams are great. Neither one is a pure sandalwood scent. GFT is hard to describe but more "old school" and TOBS is more of a barbershop scent than sandalwood. Edge to GFT on performance for me -- good slickness.

I've never found a favorite.

Used many but no true love :(

I guess I just like to play the field

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I agree that using the soap for multiple days is a better measure. When you use the same soap for a while you really get to hit the perfect ratio of water/soap more efficiently. I have a favorite, but many shavers don't.

My first criteria for soap is a lack of weepers. That's impossible to ascertain if you're changing often. My second is post shave face feel - that's an easy one.

I only try soaps with many good reviews on B&B, so I never have a problem with the actual shave - they all work well. Scents? That's another can of worms.

Top Bottom