What's new

Trumpers Shave Cream

Hello All.....

I have been shaving with a bunch of samples of Trumpers for a about a week or so....and my expectations must have been too high because the shaves have been good but I was expecting to be knocked on my arse! I know there has been a formulation change....not sure if I got old or new stuff......I know a week a bit too soon to judge but has anyone else in the same boat....I will say this though...out of the bunch the coconut oil gave me the best shave by far....I can't see myself dropping $$ on tube or tub anytime soon....I will be looking into Taylor's next........

Tim

I only have violet and coconut. The violet IMO was overrated. A unique scent, but not for me, and the lather was just ok. I have the old formulation, and I must admit that in the tub they are the densest creams I own.

The coconut however, did give me an excellent shave and lather.

You might want to give J Peterman a try, I've been told it's similar to how Taylors used to be. I think it's great stuff.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Hello All.....

I have been shaving with a bunch of samples of Trumpers for a about a week or so....and my expectations must have been too high because the shaves have been good but I was expecting to be knocked on my arse! I know there has been a formulation change....not sure if I got old or new stuff......I know a week a bit too soon to judge but has anyone else in the same boat....I will say this though...out of the bunch the coconut oil gave me the best shave by far....I can't see myself dropping $$ on tube or tub anytime soon....I will be looking into Taylor's next........

Tim

Tim, I have heard tell that Trumpers' samples are not the bee's knees, and can be somewhat dried out and over the hill (why they wouldn't want to put their best foot forward I dunno, but ... ) so this may not be as good a shave as the real deal will give. I recently got the coconut tub ... used once so far and a great shave, but I dunno if it was the cream or the fact that I was using a new, honed TI ... but the general opinion is that the coconut is their best.

IMHO TOBS is great stuff so definitely give it a try ... and a lot cheaper than Trumpers or T&H with similar results ...

Thanks for the info......The samples were very small and I was wondering myself about the quality of the samples.....I will take that advice into consideration when some day ordering some GFT.....Without a doubt it would be the coconut.....

Tim

Where do you get GFT samples?

Email them and they will be happy to provide them for you including a few samples of their colognes and each of their skinfood. They do charge £3(about $6) for it though but it's well worth it to sample just the skinfood.

I got my samples from a online vender who was very happy/ and generous to send them to me with an order I had placed with him....

I have been having only 'okay' shaves since I switched from my regular Taylors Lemon and lime to Trumpers rose last week.

Just my .02 on samples. At first I'd try to get two, maybe three shaves out of one sample with less than stellar results. Now, when I get a sample, I go for broke and use it all in one fell swoop. The results, I've found, are a more accurate representation of the cream.

Just my .02 on samples. At first I'd try to get two, maybe three shaves out of one sample with less than stellar results. Now, when I get a sample, I go for broke and use it all in one fell swoop. The results, I've found, are a more accurate representation of the cream.

good suggestion...I know the only time C&E Sweet Almond SC failed me was when I was stingy with the amount used...used more, and the great shaves came back

Excellent point I have a good amount left in every sample from GFT and I will load that bruch up and lather like its 1999!!!!!!!! Looking back I have been skimping out on the amount used from samples......

Top Bottom