What's new

Trumper's Lime. I'm afraid the recent reviews are spot on.

Thanks to the generosity of a member, I was able to try Trumper's Lime tonight. I was happy because I have tried 2 pucks of Coconut Oil, Rose, and Violets and had very good lathers. I'd been wondering why there were so many bad reviews recently. I got the puck yesterday and washed it to get a feel for the scent and slickness. Both were great! Love the scent. It isn't a straight up lime like Castle Forbes. There is a spicy note to it. Tonight we are going out so I thought I'd grab a second shave (faithful to the Godrej 3017 puck this morning). Man. The lather is a disappointment. Light and airy. Dare I say Williams? I tried loading scads more soap without any change. Later I'll give this puck the 3017 treatment, but I cannot foresee a great improvement. Bummed.

I like the limes cream, too.

This puck actually smells a lot like Vermont Country Store's Lime Musk soap.

I have used a puck recently and was very disappointed. I love the smell but the current performance stinks. I have used older versions, not even the tallow version, that were much better than the current one.

I'll consider it after I use KMF Limes, Vermont Country Store Lime Musk, CF Lime, and this Trumper's puck! Couple duds in that bunch and a couple winners, but I'll use them all!

Had another go with this puck today as I commenced giving it the 3017 treatment. I used a Semogue 1460 and face lathered. I can get a small layer of a slick and creamy lather. I loaded a minute. I wet the top of the puck before showering. I used a damp brush. I just couldn't get a nice volume. I had barely enough lather for two passes and minor touching up. Cella has spoiled me, I guess. I will use the puck to completion and I hope I can find a way to get more lather.

I wont buy any more Trumper soaps. My last one didn't lather at all even though I tried everything (including grating it). For Trumper products I would rather go for the creams. I'd love to have the Eucris bowl but find the risk too great

My experience with GFT soap also was depressing. Since they obviously don't do good enough product testing, I am not going to spend money on GFT again.

proxy.php

A little better this morning. The lather that I built was good quality, slick and dense, but just not a great enough volume. There is nothing in the scuttle!

Last edited:
I wont buy any more Trumper soaps. My last one didn't lather at all even though I tried everything (including grating it). For Trumper products I would rather go for the creams. I'd love to have the Eucris bowl but find the risk too great
+1. I got burned with a tub of Trumpers Rose soap, so I will NOT buy their creams either.

Today's thought after soaking the entire puck and loading with a TGN 2 band finest? Williams in Lime. Love the scent. Built enough lather for three passes, but it wasn't very stable. Plenty slick. After 2 passes I squeezed the lather out of the brush. It failed the squeeze test. Light lather. Still will use it to completion, but it gets the Williams treatment from here on out: long, full shower, full puck soak, long loading time, low expectations...

Salvaging the GFT Limes with a small amount of AOS Unscented. This is what a Trumper's soap lather should look like!
proxy.php

I've all but given up on my Trumpers eucris and almond pucks as well. No matter how much time or product, I just can't get an acceptable lather. A real disappointment. I had high expectations.

their coconut is awesome
Do you have a recent puck? Back in my VDH days, my wife picked up 3 pucks of Trumper's Coconut Oil soap. This was back in 2009, I think. The first two pucks were great. I'm holding off on the third puck for awhile.

Friday and Saturday, before adding any AOS cream, I thought the puck gave up a nice creamy lather. I still supplemented with the cream. Today, though, hopeful that the puck was ready to give up the goods, I lathered with a Semogue 1460, shaken free of excess water. A nice dense lather came off the puck and slid into the scuttle. I added very little water and face lathered. Three passes of a slick dense lather. Still can't get a scuttle full, but I won't need any cream from here on out.

Still going at it with the 1460 and a good puck soaking. Today I even rubbed the puck on my beard. At this pace it'll be gone in a week and a half or two. Not the worst I've used...

Top Bottom