What's new

Tried the local dollar store

After reading that some folks were able to get some good stuff at their local dollar stores, I checked ours today (it's the "DT" one) and all they had for aftershaves were a green one and a blue one. The brand was generic, the bottles were shaped like Skin Bracer.

They had a small section of fragrances, all were spray colognes (EDT, EDP) and it looked that that one shelf went through an earthquake. I guess there are a number of people rummaging through those.

Last edited:
After reading that some folks were able to get some good stuff at their local dollar stores, I checked ours today (it's the "DT" one) and all they had for aftershaves were a green one and a blue one. The brand was generic, the bottles were shaped like Skin Bracer.

They had a small section of fragrances, all were spray colognes (EDT, EDP) and it looked that that one shelf went through an earthquake. I guess there are a number of people rummaging through those.
Don't bother with the DT lotions. Calling them garbage would be a complement. Dollar General and Family Dollar usually have Skin Bracer, Old Spice, sometimes Brut, possibly a couple others. I rarely venture in to those places anymore. They usually are littered with boxes of merchandise most everywhere. And finding a cashier can be an issue. Not too comfortable environment to shop in, at least for me.

The DTs in my area aren't too bad. A little messy sometimes but that's part of the fun.

I've dug through the fragrances but have never tried them. They used to carry a balm that was really good. Unfortunately it's long gone.

I find the blue and green after shaves to be decent. Nothing stellar but serviceable.

In general, half the stuff they carry is a rip-off, the other half is way cheaper than buying it anywhere else.

I've never had a score like I did back when DT had Skin Bracer Cooling Blue for $1 a bottle.. but that's why I always at least look whenever I go in there.. you never know!

I dont know about DT but Dollar General usually does stock Barbasol Brisk aftershave. I like the scent and you cant beat the price.

I'm in the same boat, my local Dollar tree is pretty lackluster for shaving supplies,
I'm not impressed with the Green and Blue bottle of aftershave they have stocked, neither of them smell like Skin Bracer or old spice to me just really cheap ,headache inducing smelling. Best thing I've been able to grab there shave wise is the dorco made Barbasol disposables and was finally able to score one of those 1 dollar DE razors I've heard so much about.

I know! Just got a bottle yesterday for less than $2.
I found it a couple weeks ago on closeout for $1.59 a bottle. I bought 4 bottles and honestly had to stop myself from buying out their entire stock (6 bottles in total).
If DG stops stocking Barbasol AS, I might have to go to Skin Bracer or Pinaud Clubman.

Top Bottom