What's new

Tried Cold Water Shaving

Glad cold water works for you! I like a cold water rinse at the end of my shave but prefer to wash with warm.

I did a cold water shave this morning not by choice but because my power went out and it's all that was left in the water tank :001_tt2:

It turned out better than I thought it was going to.. for some reason the cold blade on my skin felt great!

I lather and wet my beard with hot water, but every rinse after (including between passes) is cold tap water. Well, it comes from the cold knob. In Florida, for about 10 months of the year, it's really the "sorta-kinda cool" knob. :001_rolle I'd actually prefer it a little cooler, but maybe not icy.

Glad you tried it!

I shaved with warm/hot water for about a month when I first started with a DE. Then I tried cold water and have never looked back in over 2 years. I get such a better shave with way less irritation. The only warmth I use is soaking a hot towel over lather before I have an evening shave.

Welcome to the cold shave club. Tried it first a few months back after a suggestion from a work friend. Now i can't shave any other way. Even when i try hot shaving out feels to rough and i am left with a less close shave.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

you gents, have convinced me to try it... i've been hesitant because of habit mostly.. now .. question.. any one has tried with SR instead of a DE?

if not possible wont matter cause basically i use a DE when i just don't have enough time for a SR shave.. so it will even add more speed to the process to just use cold water :)

I cold water shave year round. I tried it a few years ago after someone here suggested it to cut down on irritation and damned if it didn't work!

you gents, have convinced me to try it... i've been hesitant because of habit mostly.. now .. question.. any one has tried with SR instead of a DE?

if not possible wont matter cause basically i use a DE when i just don't have enough time for a SR shave.. so it will even add more speed to the process to just use cold water :)
I have tried it with a straight. It seemed to tug a bit more than usual bit that might be my straight. The end result was much closer.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

thanks a lot monolith27! that was exactly was I was imagining... normally a good feather blade is sharper than a straight...
nevertheless, i guess i'll give it a try one of these days and report back :)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I terms of just enjoying the shave I like warm water as much as the next guy. A hot towel feels great. Warm lather is divine. Etc.

However, the facts are these.

Cold reduces inflammation.

Heat increases inflammation.

That's the entire issue for me, as subject to irritation and inflammation as I am. I may indeed break out the scuttle and use hot water again, but chances are I'll be sorry.

This subject reminds me of the movie,"The Dirty Dozen" were the cons/solders took a stand,and refused to shave with cold water.

Hehehe that was funny... i think we all are creatures of habits!!! :)

Sent from my SM-G903M using Tapatalk
Hehehe that was funny... i think we all are creatures of habits!!! :)

Sent from my SM-G903M using Tapatalk
I like to experiment and try new things, except when it comes to a brand new cell phones/remote controls.Once I learn how to use a phone/remote control,I'm content with sticking with it until it dies.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I like to experiment and try new things, except when it comes to a brand new cell phones/remote controls.Once I learn how to use a phone/remote control,I'm content with sticking with it until it dies.

They're even more fun dead. You get a lot fewer annoying sales calls.

I LOVE cold water shaving :velva2: so I don't have to wait for the warm water, cold water is fantastic for irritation FREE shave all year round ;)

Top Bottom