What's new

Treet Dura Sharp Blue & Yellow

proxy.php

There are two versions of the Treet Dura Sharp, one which comes in a blue wrappper, the other in a yellow one.

I've read somewhere both are supposed to be the same blade but I was using two of the blades and noticed they both had different markings.

Aside from the font, the blue TDS has each side of the blade marked with A and B, whilst the yellow TDS has numbers.

I couldn't say exactly whether the grind of the blades edges are different for sure down to consistency of the blades but I felt there was a minor difference with both blades, with the blue being slightly sharper and less smooth than the yellow, which I prefer.

Weird can’t find the blue on there site. Wonder is the blue is a stainless dura sharp and the yellow is the original carbon dura sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone confirm that they both say carbon on the tucks? Know my black beauties say carbon on them. Thinking that the blue are stainless and original yellow are carbon steel. Blues get 100 for $10 and yellow get 50 for the $10

Anyone confirm that they both say carbon on the tucks? Know my black beauties say carbon on them. Thinking that the blue are stainless and original yellow are carbon steel. Blues get 100 for $10 and yellow get 50 for the $10

WP_20180716_001_50.jpg

The TDS Blue doesn't have that particular information on the back of the blade or on the back of the pack/tuck but the blue is clearly a Carbon blade as it has the characteristic yellowish tinge to the blade and it feels and shaves much like a Carbon blade.

To make things even more confusing there is a stainless steel Dura Sharp blade which has the very distinctive packaging

proxy.php

@rlacross
If you're looking for the yellow variety, Connaught Shaving has them in stock and I imagine with delivery to the USA they might be around $15 or so for 200.

@Space_Cadet
The Treet Black is the smoothest and mildest Treet blade I have found but as ever YMMV.

I find the Yellow Treet DS to be an odd blade in some ways, incredibly smooth in some razors but it can be a bit rough in some others. Superb blade though.

Treet is going to be like personna and make different packaging for the same blades for different markets. I emailed treet about the blue pack and how it’s not on there sight. No response.
proxy.php

Wow just shaved with the dura sharp in yellow box. Would say it’s my top blade now. Treet black beauty’s are ok but this blade is gold. My 3rd and 4th ear to ear pass I normally get little tug under my chin. Unless I use a feather. This dura sharp shaved like a feather but smooth as a voshkod. mind blown. Used in vintage fatboy.

Wow just shaved with the dura sharp in yellow box. Would say it’s my top blade now. Treet black beauty’s are ok but this blade is gold. My 3rd and 4th ear to ear pass I normally get little tug under my chin. Unless I use a feather. This dura sharp shaved like a feather but smooth as a voshkod. mind blown. Used in vintage fatboy.

Shhh don’t let the secret out

Just finished my first "yellow". Marvellous - 5 BBS shaves and retired during shave 6. I started another finishing shave 6 and ordered 200 of them yesterday. I use a Rockwell 6c on R5 with this blade and as for soap - Arko.

Ya I ordered 400 from UK ($27us)and got them yesterday. Surprised only took 9 days.

It will figure I finally found a blade I love and hope they won’t discontinue. But who knows maybe it’s a marketing packaging, like Kai captain Red and Blue packs.

After not quite a month of using the blue-packaged version in a number of razors, my verdict is not bad, not great. Does the job adequately, but not particularly smooth or efficient. Not going to toss them, but won't buy again, either.

And after another week or so, I discover that they rust and leave "tea stains" in the razor, and I discard a blade after three uses. Either remove the blade after use or dry everything. The rust stains are removable, but can be a PITA. I'm not a fan of unnecessary maintenance and these blades aren't worth the trouble. Once I'm done with the two I have left, I'm done.

Top Bottom