What's new

Treet carbon steel blades

I haven't heard of a White Carbon, but I agree the Falcon is capable.

Experiences really vary on the carbon steel blades. The people that hate them really hate them. Treet dominates the Pakistani market, and the men there tend to have thick, heavy facial hair, so I think Treet does a great job in general.
I have always been intrigued by carbon blades since carbon steel is a great metal for knives and straight razors. I started buying carbon DE blades just to try them.

I think I bought the Treet White Carbon from Italian Barber, I also bought bought some yellow Dura Sharp which I have not tried yet. The Treet Falcon I got on Amazon and are a great deal at $6.99/100. The other Treet carbon blades I have I bought from Razor Blades Club.

Overall I am a fan of carbon Treet Blades since they tend to work well for me. Like you mentioned in a previous post about the stainless Treet Platinum, it works really well for me too.

I hear excellent opinions from those who have tried Treet Falcon and they say that they are very cutting and sharp, would you recommend them for those with delicate skin?

I have had pretty good results with the Treet carbon steel blades I have tried so far. Here is my current top of mind ranking, currently I am using the Falcon, I haven't used the others in a while.

1. Treet Falcon - Exceptionally smooth yet also cuts very well too!
2. Treet Dura Sharp
3. Treet White Carbon
4. Treet Classic
I go into depth about all the carbon steel Treets in production at the time on this thread. (I also rate the Falcon and Dura Sharp high and the Classic low).

I hear excellent opinions from those who have tried Treet Falcon and they say that they are very cutting and sharp, would you recommend them for those with delicate skin?
I have dry skin issues occasionally, but I don't know that I would call it delicate. I have a few facial moles. I haven't noticed the Falcon bothering me. But I don't consider the Falcon the sharpest blades I have used. That's more the Gillette family like the Nacet, Perma-sharp, 7 o'clocks, Silver Blues, etc. in my opinion.

I didn't use carbon blades.
On average, how many shaves can you do before they rust?
Most people throw the blade away from dulling before rust is a factor. On the other hand, you can prevent rusting with some care. I have been using a Treet Dura Sharp all month for this year's One Blade in February challenge. I remove the blade, clean it, and pat dry it on a towel after every use. No issues with rust at all and I am on track to shave 16 times this month.

I wanted to like these but they were unusable for me. They did not cut hair. A few painfully tuggy test strokes were enough to put me off permanently, and I grabbed a different razor with an alternative blade loaded. None of the Treets are particularly comfortable, but these were just on another level. I didn't think it was possible to get rougher than a Derby Extra. Treet proved me wrong!

Interested to know what razors folks are putting them in to get good results. I recall my test razor was a Fatip.

I have been using a Treet Dura Sharp all month for this year's One Blade in February challenge. I remove the blade, clean it, and pat dry it on a towel after every use. No issues with rust at all and I am on track to shave 16 times this month.
Sixteen shaves with the same blade? Did I understand correctly?
Which Treet blade did you use?

I read it in another post but I'm not sure so I'm asking the experts: are the Treet dura sharp in the white-yellow striped packaging discontinued?
Are they the same blade as the blue package or are they different?

I read it in another post but I'm not sure so I'm asking the experts: are the Treet dura sharp in the white-yellow striped packaging discontinued?
Are they the same blade as the blue package or are they different?
I was wondering about the differences between the Dura Sharps in the yellow/white stripe tucks and the blue tucks, so I emailed TreetGroup to clarify, particularly as to whether the Blues are carbon or stainless steel (as sellers seem to list them either way). I received this response from Abdul Qudoos the Manager of Exports:

"Thank you for reaching out to us. Your detailed assessment of our products is greatly appreciated.

Both blades in the Yellow and Blue packaging are same in terms of quality and performance. The difference of designs and colors are due the target markets. The Yellow packaging is specifically designed for distribution and use within Pakistan, while the Blue packaging is intended for international markets.

Unfortunately, due to regulations concerning standard operation authorities logos, we are unable to export the yellow-packaged blades.

We hope this explanation provides clarity on the matter."

So, if the Blues are the Yellows just in different packaging, then they are carbon steel with sputtered chrome coating (as from their product brochure). This is taking his "same in terms of quality and performance" to mean the same product as he goes on to indicate that the packaging is for different markets.

There is no mention of Teflon (PTFE) in it, so I have responded asking if it has that coating as well. I am awaiting his response.

I was wondering about the differences between the Dura Sharps in the yellow/white stripe tucks and the blue tucks, so I emailed TreetGroup to clarify, particularly as to whether the Blues are carbon or stainless steel (as sellers seem to list them either way). I received this response from Abdul Qudoos the Manager of Exports:

"Thank you for reaching out to us. Your detailed assessment of our products is greatly appreciated.

Both blades in the Yellow and Blue packaging are same in terms of quality and performance. The difference of designs and colors are due the target markets. The Yellow packaging is specifically designed for distribution and use within Pakistan, while the Blue packaging is intended for international markets.

Unfortunately, due to regulations concerning standard operation authorities logos, we are unable to export the yellow-packaged blades.

We hope this explanation provides clarity on the matter."

So, if the Blues are the Yellows just in different packaging, then they are carbon steel with sputtered chrome coating (as from their product brochure). This is taking his "same in terms of quality and performance" to mean the same product as he goes on to indicate that the packaging is for different markets.

There is no mention of Teflon (PTFE) in it, so I have responded asking if it has that coating as well. I am awaiting his response.
Could you ask him about these too? I have a few tucks purchased from West Coast last year and I wonder how they are positioned to the others.

TREET-DURA-SHARP-SILVER-EDGE-SUPER-STAIN-8e88-2523552511.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom