What's new

Traveling with a shavette? How?

I’m using a Parker SR1 and I’m loving it. However, anyone that uses it, have you ever traveled with it on a plane? I’ll be flying soon and would like to take it with me. I know I can’t take it in a carry on. Any ideas?

I’m using a Parker SR1 and I’m loving it. However, anyone that uses it, have you ever traveled with it on a plane? I’ll be flying soon and would like to take it with me. I know I can’t take it in a carry on. Any ideas?
You can carry it on, you just can't carry on blades. Are you able to send a pack of blades to your destination?. Can you buy blades once you get to your destination?.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

I usually risk checked baggage and put the razor in that bag. These days, for some routes, checking baggage is just as quick and less hassle. Everyone has gone mad with their carry-on allowances and the biggest inconvenience is stowing luggage once you are on the plane. I save more time getting straight to my seat and chilling out watching others fight their way up and down the plane to find a free overhead locker.

Depending on where I am travelling I will check a gold dollar and carry on a travel strop and small coticule or I will pack a cheap shavette and blades in checked. Either way I will carry on a single blade disposable in case my checked luggage goes missing. I never check anything of high value.

TSA can be very idiosyncratic when it comes to shaving stuff.

As ‘one bag’ traveler who has accumulated a lot of air miles, I avoid TSA issues by using a cart. :a19:

I just leave my shavette at home when I fly. All its going to take is 1 TSA agent to question it and you will either lose it or hold up the line.
When I fly, I just pack a disposable.

Top Bottom