What's new

Toscano Cigars

It seems that this year they are making a "edizione limitata" version of Il Moro that will cost 50 euros per piece. That's a pretty penny for a Sigaro Toscano ..or any cigar. :001_smile

well yes, it's true 50 euro is a bit too much for any cigar, usually my limit is 25 euro(that's what it costed me in Italy buying a cohiba esplendido).but for a Moro i would proabably spend a bit more, .....but 50 euros....they are pushing it a bit(because they know it's good) My father is the one that has gifted me Moro in the past. i probably have smoked so far a bit less than 10 moros, many times sharing with my father in law or my own father.my own father is a big fan of toscano cigars (and he smokes a bit too much), and he has also worked for more than 20 years in the administration of the italian tobacco company....now guess what's his job now? he administrates private clinics(hospitals) in the south of italy....what a change!!!!ahahaha

Last edited:
well yes, it's true 50 euro is a bit too much for any cigar, usually my limit is 25 euro(that's what it costed me in Italy buying a cohiba esplendido).but for a Moro i would proabably spend a bit more, .....but 50 euros....they are pushing it a bit(because they know it's good) My father is the one that has gifted me Moro in the past. i probably have smoked so far a bit less than 10 moros, many times sharing with my father in law or my own father.my own father is a big fan of toscano cigars (and he smokes a bit too much), and he has also worked for more than 20 years in the administration of the italian tobacco company....now guess what's his job now? he administrates private clinics(hospitals) in the south of italy....what a change!!!!ahahaha

If I understood correct the "standard" Il Moro will still be produced. The price is the same 35€ as you mentioned earlier. The special edition is just this years newcomer with Modigliani.

BTW This is a picture I took of broken Garibaldi for some years ago. Some interesting stuff in the filler. :lol: Circeled with red is a piece of some sort of wood. Well the quality of Garibaldis (as far as I've tried them) varies a lot. But in more expensive Toscanos I find it quite rare to get a bad tasting piece.

proxy.php

Hi Balthasar,
for the first time after smoking the toscano for 15 yrs I'm smoking an Antico Toscano "alla maremmana"(whole, just cutting the two tips(cimette) at the extremities). Actually I find it has a very different taste, it starts mellow and then it gains in strenght. I,m liking it a lot but i don't think I,m going to change my way of smoking the toscano. I'm used to smoke them ammezzato(halved). Just today i received cigars by mail from a spanish webiste at almost the same price as in italy, great!!! greetings from canada

Hi Balthasar,
for the first time after smoking the toscano for 15 yrs I'm smoking an Antico Toscano "alla maremmana"(whole, just cutting the two tips(cimette) at the extremities). Actually I find it has a very different taste, it starts mellow and then it gains in strenght. I,m liking it a lot but i don't think I,m going to change my way of smoking the toscano. I'm used to smoke them ammezzato(halved). Just today i received cigars by mail from a spanish webiste at almost the same price as in italy, great!!! greetings from canada

That's true. The first half has definitely a different taste when smoking the whole cigar. It's much cooler and a bit smoother. Despite this I also like to cut them half. Mostly because smoking the whole Toscano takes a lot of time. And if I have that much time to smoke a cigar I usually go for a hand-rolled one. Also, even though the taste in uncutted Toscano is different it is not nessecery better IMO (needless to say the taste remains exquisite no matter how you cut them :tongue_sm). But still time to time it's fun to smoke them uncutted.

If I understood correct the "standard" Il Moro will still be produced. The price is the same 35€ as you mentioned earlier. The special edition is just this years newcomer with Modigliani.

BTW This is a picture I took of broken Garibaldi for some years ago. Some interesting stuff in the filler. :lol: Circeled with red is a piece of some sort of wood. Well the quality of Garibaldis (as far as I've tried them) varies a lot. But in more expensive Toscanos I find it quite rare to get a bad tasting piece.

proxy.php

The piece in the green circle I believe is the stem. Usually leaves are de-stemmed but sometimes you'll find one in there, it's not a big deal.

I'm a big Toscano fan but I've yet to shell out the money for an Il Moro; this thread has made want to try it though.:001_rolle

I love toscano cigars!!! I'm Italian, live in canada now and my real last name is Toscani!! my father smokes them too. when i go to italy i always bring back my duty free limit. here in canada they are extremely expensive so i order them online from spain. www.e-tobaccos.com
Love this thread, good to see that toscani cigars are loved also outside of italy even if they are not as famous as cubans or dominicans .they are so different , so full of aroma and so good, so original!!!
Luca

Yes they are good!. Have you tried "Antica Riserva"? (grey box with the botticelli venus depicted). they are the best on my opinion quality /price

Can't really remember what TAR was alike. I have a unopened box in my humidor. I'll freshen my memory next time by smoking a TAR.

I smoked a TAR yesterday. Very good and well balanced flavor but I still prefer TAT over it.

happy you tried TAR,it is my favorite! I see that you are located in finland. Can you find Antica Riserva in Finland?? I have been there in the past (beautiful country by the way)but i never looked for toscani there
in previous replies i had put that i didn't recommend toscano classico . well i have to change my statement. they have improved the quality of toscano classico a lot and now it actually pulls pretty well and taste is pretty good too. quality price is good!(5.60 euros in italy for a box of 5 (that become 10)
Ciao

Top Bottom