What's new

Toronto Barber and Beauty Supply

Has anyone visited this store? Just wondering what kind of supplies and products they might have for us folks, or if it is all beauty stuff.. i'm beautiful enough already.. lol.
(www.tbbs.ca)

Thanks!

Yes, it is all beauty supplies. Very little shaving stuff.

I should qualify myself. I was referring to Yorkdale location.

Last edited:
Definitely worth checking out. It's a great store for some products.

The one at the corner of Dundas and Bay has a number of brushes, Kent and others at good prices, a small selection of Merkur razors, Pinaud products including Clubman and Lilac Vegetal, Barbicide. They also sell JM Fraser shave cream which lots of guys believe to be one of the best.

Hmm.. Ok thanks, next time I'm in the area I'll have to pop in.. do you happen to know if they carried Proraso aftershave?

Definitely worth checking out. It's a great store for some products.

The one at the corner of Dundas and Bay has a number of brushes, Kent and others at good prices, a small selection of Merkur razors, Pinaud products including Clubman and Lilac Vegetal, Barbicide. They also sell JM Fraser shave cream which lots of guys believe to be one of the best.

You should be able to get Proraso products at any good Italian grocery market. You can also buy the Proraso line at Truefitt and Hill in the Scotia Bank tower at King and Bay....pricier though than the market.

You should be able to get Proraso products at any good Italian grocery market. You can also buy the Proraso line at Truefitt and Hill in the Scotia Bank tower at King and Bay....pricier though than the market.

Ok Thanks..

Now I just have to get to Toronto! Really really wish I was into this when I was still living there..

do you happen to know if they carried Proraso aftershave?

Are you sure they have Proraso at T&H? I was there a few weeks ago and didn't notice any. Another good place to get Proraso is The Barber's Chair. There is one in Square One. Their pricing for Proraso is the cheapest I've seen yet. The As and ASB are $15.

I've also been to the Dundas and Bay location. They carry Booster aftershaves, JM Frasers and Merkur razors for shaving. They also carry traditional hair products like Dax pomades, Brylcreem in tubs, Olive On, hair tonic etc.

The "barber" section is definitely very small but the store is still worth checking out.

While at Bay and Dundas, cross the street and go into the Atrium and check out the tobacco store, it's called Tobacco Haven or something like that.

They have an absolutely huge selection of shave gear, creams, soaps, brushes, razors, aftershaves and assorted paraphernalia, and just about all of it is quite high end stuff. They're a bit on the pricey side, but all their stuff is high end and so that's to be expected. I believe that they had Proraso AS last time I was there.

The location next to Yorkdale does have a very limited selection. It sounds like the Downtown location is the way to go.

Are you sure they have Proraso at T&H? I was there a few weeks ago and didn't notice any. Another good place to get Proraso is The Barber's Chair. There is one in Square One. Their pricing for Proraso is the cheapest I've seen yet. The As and ASB are $15.

Shoppers now carries Proraso.Higland Farm supermarkets as well but if you want to avoid the trip check Fendrihan.com.

It's too bad that the prices here in Canada are so inflated!

I'd like to be able to walk into a local store and purchase a Merkur HD 34C without paying more than twice the price that it costs in the U.S. Online from Canadian sites may offer "free shipping", but their prices already incorporate shipping costs.

Shop around online and you'll see, even with the currency exchange, and duties and taxes, which won't be more than our PST and GST.

I'm ordering from the U.S.

Top Bottom