What's new

Top Ten Gillette Vintage Razors

I suppose I just expected it to shave very similar to a fatboy or a slim. Is this not the case? Do they shave that much better then other Gillette adjustables?
No adjustable Gillette razor is a good shaver. At least comparing to many other Gillette razors.
Toggle is NOT rare. Not as common as Slim or a Fatboy, but definitely not rare.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
My very personal opinion is that the Toggle (at least mine) shaves exactly like my Slim = perfect. I use the same settings on it (3).

Still the way you hold it makes the Toggle different and unique to shave with, quite fun.

However my, again very personal, conclusion is that I prefer my Slim, both in terms of the shave and the looks. My other adustables don’t see any use at all.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the perspective of someone who has actually used one!

No adjustable Gillette razor is a good shaver. At least comparing to many other Gillette razors.
Toggle is NOT rare. Not as common as Slim or a Fatboy, but definitely not rare.

Definitely a YMMV thing in my opinion. I have several adjustables and find them to be great shavers. As far as the Toggle being rare, well they certainly aren't as rare as a bottom dial Gillette adjustable but I would still consider them rare in my experience. I've never encountered one in the wild and you'd be hard pressed to find one on the 'bay at less than $200. They are certainly more difficult to come by at a reasonable price...but that's just my experience.

D

dangerousrazor

The most interesting thing I saw (continually) within this thread was the pressence of the toggle. I've never shaved with one so I can't speak to it, I suppose I just expected it to shave very similar to a fatboy or a slim. Is this not the case? Do they shave that much better then other Gillette adjustables? I guess I just assumed that their high price tag was in relation to rarity and not necesary in the quality of the shave they provide.

I dont think it is a better shaver than Slim or Super. Actually, I've never thought of US Gillette TTOs, especially adjastable, as a great shaver. They are not in the same league with US or UK New family and UK Gillette TTOs in my experience. But as always YMMV

Again it's YMMV, I have never gotten a good shave with a slim. My toggle, fatboy and black beauty all shave much better.

Top Bottom