What's new

Top Flight & Gold Eagle

Here's two eBay specials I finished tonight:

First one is another one belonging to Amund, a 6/8 Burrel Top Flight.

The scales were a wreck when he got it, not sure what material they were made of but they more or less crumbled when touching them.

I left the tang untouched to keep the blackening, buffed the blade from 320 greaseless, through the compunds to jewellers rouge. (I'm still very careful when buffing hollows, maybe a little too careful?)

Scales are made of Jade G10 with a natural moose bone wedge, pins are nickel silver with stainless washers.

Before:

proxy.php

After:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Second one is for my private collection, a 6/8 T.Noonan & Sons, Gold Eagle.

Cleaned and polished the scales with Autosol on the buffer, repinned with Nickel Silver pins and stainless washers.

Blade was buffed from 320 greaseless up to jewellers rouge.

Before:

proxy.php

proxy.php

After:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks for looking, and any comments that can help me improve is welcome

I actually think there is a biggér problem people taking it to far on the buffers with greaseless, taking of all sharp edges & destroying the crispness that metal should have, turning
the blade into a soft, mushy shadow...
You certainly kept everything looking crisp & original, but still cleaned it up good, very nice!

But rant aside, beautiful work! I really like that Jade G10. And the use of Moose :thumbup1:

Now for a real challenge, you should have saved the original scales for that Top Flight :lol:

Moose wedge is just too cool. :smile:

The Top Flight really took a great edge as well, I can't use the Shapton 30k on alll my razors, but this one really took to it and became super sharp and smooth.

Top Bottom