What's new

Top 5 shaving Creams?

It's so hard to get down to just 5, but I'll try.

TOBS Sandalwood, for sure. Always #1.
T&H Sandalwood (or any other T&H)
C&E Almond
Proraso Green
The old, US-made, green, weird-smelling Palmolive

There are so many others, too, though, like Coate's Lime, Green Pond Sandalwood. . .

L'Occitane en Provence Cade
AoS Sandalwood
Pacific Shaving Company Caffeinated
C. O. Bigelow Green
Cremo Sandalwood

Vitos Classica Cream
Palmolive Red/Green
SJOL
Maca Root - dear God very slick cream
Proraso Blue - very good scent for me. Hope to make a Blue Lotion.

My favorite cream is Taylor Of Old Bond Street Sandalwood. There is just something different about the scent of TOOBS sandalwood cream that I really like. It smells better than the TOOBS soap. Also it doesn’t smell anything like other sandalwood soaps and creams. It’s quite unique. It’s performance is as good or better than most soaps.
A235348F-B80F-44A8-80A1-E932C14B44CE.jpeg

Here are the only other two creams that I keep in rotation. Both are great as well.
I like CC Venture just about as much as the TOOBS.
97C63661-7099-4C06-A29E-2FE3905CFB27.jpeg

I use Cremo cream exclusively for building superlathers along with Tabac soap. A great combination.
BF9BFDC8-804A-419C-9A03-6DF105C18E88.jpeg

CF Lime Essential Oil (King of creams)
T&H Ultimate Comfort/1805 (the former for performance the latter for its glorious scent)
TOBS Grapefruit (my first English cream so it holds a special place)
St. James Of London Mandarin and Patchouli (Nearly on par with CF)
Proraso Wood & Spice (Great Stuff!)

I'm a returner to wet shaving after a long gap, and I'm just building up stock. I still have cheap stuff like Cella and Tabac that I would never have bought had I known better, but my artisan soaps are building up. So right now here's the list, though I have 3 Wholly Kaw soaps coming I'd probably add to it
1. Eufros Tierra Humeda
2. Grooming Dept. Yuzu
3. Grooming Dept. Magnolia
4. MWF
5. Via Barberia Herbae or Fructi

I left out Dolomiti, because I'm rather on the fence about the scent. May try and trade it for a different SV, since I can't fault the performance.

CF Lime Essential Oil (King of creams)
T&H Ultimate Comfort/1805 (the former for performance the latter for its glorious scent)
TOBS Grapefruit (my first English cream so it holds a special place)
St. James Of London Mandarin and Patchouli (Nearly on par with CF)
Proraso Wood & Spice (Great Stuff!)
I second for SJOL. But a bit sensitive to water. You have to be careful. Castle Forbes takes more water easily and does not break.

You won't be disappointed, the Red is the best by miles of the classic Proraso line.

I have the red soap, Love the scent, but feel the cream (green in my case) is just...better somehow. I've been using proraso green lately (cream), having mostly ignored it for a few years, forgot just how GOOD it is. Wonder what else is hidden back on the closet shelf that is my shave den...

I have the red soap, Love the scent, but feel the cream (green in my case) is just...better somehow. I've been using proraso green lately (cream), having mostly ignored it for a few years, forgot just how GOOD it is. Wonder what else is hidden back on the closet shelf that is my shave den...

Yes the Proraso Green has that soothing effect given by the menthol but I believe the Shea Butter present in the Proraso Red makes the difference in post-shave feel. And OMG how much I love the scent :001_wub:

I have used a few (a couple of TOBS, Proraso, Extro arancia italiana, Palmolive and Faulding shave), and of them, Extro is by far the better to me.

Top Bottom