What's new

Tony Miller 4 sided strop!!

There are some other manufactures fo paddle strops but they tend to be more expensive and probably nowhere as good as Tony's. I don't think he is selling any right now and his sales are limited. Check often at his site. You could also try a WTB in the B/S/T. Alternativley you could make your own. All you need is flattened balsa wood, a firm mounting surface and the paste. Do a search and you will find examples. You really need plain leather for daily stropping though.

Tony has quite a few family matters to take care of at the moment. If you're not in a rush to get one, kindly ask him to get you one as soon as time permits. I think he'll appreciate it if you wait till Monday as he never does business on Sundays.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. If I where to make one myself, what leather should I get. I was thinking some of the replaceable strops that SRD sells. What was the price point of Tony's when he had them in stock?

I went to his website and he has some up.

If that is so. Do it! His schedule is very hard to predict. The paddle strop and a DMT8EE is the best and cheapest way to keep a razor in shape. IMHO. This is the way that I went and it has served me very well. The common grits of 1.0,0.5,0.25 and 0.5 Chromium is a very good way to paste your strop. When I started to get into honing my own razors, the first stone was a Shapton 16K which was the replacement for the 1.0 diamond.

Take Care,
Richard

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Thanks Kees. With my father in laws health declining it is hard to predict when I will be open or closed. We have full time nursing care now so I have been open fairly regularly over the past week. This is just a one man show, I design it, I make it, I pack and ship it AND I have a different full time career that demands much of my time so availability varies.

Thanks,
Tony

If that is so. Do it! His schedule is very hard to predict. The paddle strop and a DMT8EE is the best and cheapest way to keep a razor in shape. IMHO. This is the way that I went and it has served me very well. The common grits of 1.0,0.5,0.25 and 0.5 Chromium is a very good way to paste your strop. When I started to get into honing my own razors, the first stone was a Shapton 16K which was the replacement for the 1.0 diamond.

Take Care,
Richard

Richard,

Thanks for the reply, there is so much information out there and it is hard to sort thru all of it, i am glad to hear the this set up worked out. I have been shaving and practicing with a cheap replaceable (half of a DE blade) and I am looking at buying my first real straight razor.

Angel

Top Bottom