What's new

TOBS VS TRUMPERS

I can say beyond any doubt in my mind that GFT is one of the slickest soaps. I've used the cream and the hard soap in rose. For me, it is far better than TOBS (though that is not bad). Also, I think the rose smell on this is the best I've tried. Shaving with a straight razor (am and still learning) I have found I want the slickest stuff there is with a huge amount of residual slickness. GFT is second to A&E Kaizen 2e and about equal to B&M, for my face. I can nearly fearlessly do touchups without relathering.

I Have a few of TOBS and a few Trumpers creams. GFT and Eucris by Trumpers, and Sandalwood and Tobacco by TOBS.

I’ve been intertwining both on various shaves, and can definitely say, for me anyway, Trumpers comes up trumps in skin feel, slickness and lather over TOBS creams.

Both are loaded onto the brush and face lathered, same razor and brush (Mühle) and Trumpers has the edge. Slippery, more slick and just gives a better, smoother shave.

First time I’ve tried TOBS, and was expecting great things….. although it’s lovely and does the job…… I was a bit dissatisfied by the hype. The smell of Tobs Tobacco is fabulous, second to Eucris…which is amazing.

YMMV of course.
I’ve used the 3 Ts for over 20 years. About 5 years ago I started just using Trumper because of price with Truefitt and Taylor just for me just wasn’t as good as when all three were made by Creigton.
Recently I purchased most of all threes shaving creams to try to figure where they stood now. I find that Taylor is excellent but the worst of the three. Trumper came in a close second. Truefitt & Hill is the best one. I’m surprised because I’ve used Trumper for the last 5 years. At one time these creams were pretty much dead equal. Any other comments would be appreciated.
I also use Castle Forbes but that’s another story. Thanks guys.

The GFT GFT is really nice and refreshing. It is a citrus, maybe not quite grapefruit, more pomelo. I bought some on a lark and was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved it. Come to think of it, I am going to use it for my Sunday morning shave.

Top Bottom