What's new

TOBS Sensitive vs. Jermyn Street

Which do you guys prefer?

(I don't know how to setup a poll on here!)

I have fairly sensitive skin sometimes acne prone after shaving.

Thanks

I haven't tried the sensitive TOBS but I do use the Jermyn TOBS cream and find that it works great for me. Very slick, great lather and no irritation for my sensitive skin. Usually I mix it with a soap to make a "super-lather."

My personal favorite TOBS cream is Jermyn followed by Avacado.

I found the normal sensitive skin..irriated my skin. But as a suggestion to help with post shave acne flair ups (I have some that use to get bad) is no matter what cream/soap you use, is rinse with warm (not hot) water between each pass/relather, then when finished, rise with warm water again, then followed by cold water to tighten your pores. And I follow up with TOBS alchole free shave gel with witchhazel.

The key is to gently rinse the soap/cream from your face so it will not clog or irriate your pores.

I had a friend with sensitive skin give me a tub of the ToBS "Sensitive Skin" because he didn't like it. I eventually threw it out. I'm a big fan of ToBS creams, but not that one. Every time I used it, I was left with irritation and weepers.

My personal favorite TOBS cream is Jermyn followed by Avacado.

I found the normal sensitive skin..irriated my skin. But as a suggestion to help with post shave acne flair ups (I have some that use to get bad) is no matter what cream/soap you use, is rinse with warm (not hot) water between each pass/relather, then when finished, rise with warm water again, then followed by cold water to tighten your pores. And I follow up with TOBS alchole free shave gel with witchhazel.

The key is to gently rinse the soap/cream from your face so it will not clog or irriate your pores.

Thanks for the recommendation - I will give it a try.

I had a look on the TOBS website for the shave gel but I can't find it on there.

Can you direct me to it?

Many thanks

Thanks guys. Most votes seem to be for the Jermyn Street.

But what are the advantages/disadvantages of each of the creams over the other?

Thanks

Jermyn is an awesome cream, so far my fave. It just has such a great fresh and clean smell. You will definitely not go wrong with it. Actually it is for sensitive skin also.

I just used the avocado for the first time tonite and I have to admit I was not impressed. It just didn't smell like a shaving cream should. It had a grassy, dull smell to it. Kind of trippy actually. Im gonna give it a few more trys and if its a no go its goin up on the B/S/T forum.

Top Bottom