What's new

To whoever recommended eucalyptus as a whisker softener thank you !

I have tough old man whiskers and had never found anything that helped much to soften them. But after reading the tip on eucalyptus I bought a bottle of Sukin Eucalyptus & Tea Tree Hand Wash and it actually works ! I wash my face with it and leave it on while I prepare a bowl lather. Then I wash it off, lather up and shave away.

Last edited:

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Omega claims they add eucalyptus oil to cream
to condition the hair on their boar brushes. Very soft indeed!

FB2F3030-1DE7-4B48-B47D-14AC7CEBB551.jpeg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I use a shop brand knock off of Noxzema skin cleaner cream for a pre shave face wash. It has both eucalyptus and camphor and that great old Noxzema scent. Costs about $3 and a tub lasts about a year. In a pinch it is a good brushless shave cream, though it will clog a DE razor if you lay it on too thick.

Proraso have been using it in their green cream/soap for years. Works a treat for me also.
I recently decided to try a tub of the Proraso White preshave cream. I have only used it for a week or so, but I really like it. Just enough eucalyptus without being overbearing IMO. Fairly inexpensive as well.

Omega claims they add eucalyptus oil to cream
to condition the hair on their boar brushes.

is that from the label right there or some other marketing statement?

if from that label, its so close to be being a “for brush” vs brushless, i’m curious. Ive noticed some creams/soaps have very different effects on my knots as im sure others have noticed on theirs as well.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
is that from the label right there or some other marketing statement?

if from that label, its so close to be being a “for brush” vs brushless, i’m curious. Ive noticed some creams/soaps have very different effects on my knots as im sure others have noticed on theirs as well.
It’s off the back of my tube of Omega cream. I imagine it is partly a marketing tactic to promote the use of Omega brushes, the two products complimenting each other. If the brush is getting spoiled I hope my face and whiskers are getting some benefit?

I use Noxzema as a preshave wash. Either the brand name Noxzema moisturizing or the store brand “original Noxzema” recipe.

I’ve never tried it as a preshave before.. as in just lathering over it. I wasn’t sure how the brushes would take to having Noxzema in their bristles.

Didn't Proraso mfg for Omega years ago? The nice thing about this discovery is, you all put a name to the behavior of Proraso shaving products I didn't equate with the eucalyptus oil component. I really like(d) how well the old line historic mfg created their shaving products but couldn't put a group of reasons... other than "It works!"
Then getting on the 'modern shave soap artists' thing, my Proraso products are a much smaller portion of the rotation, and don't see the daily driving I used to do when I first started.

I also thought about @Owen Bawn 's point up about the cold cream; and, to me, how that might go well with a Feather Artist Shavette. (ya, "Artist" here, too, is not lost on me!)

@Tpach " wasn’t sure how the brushes would take to having Noxzema in their bristles. "
I wouldn't with one of my badgers, might with a fair synth - if I didn't mind dedicating it to the job (well, stretch, but whatever floats ~ )

I read that Omega packaging as saying this cream is made to use with a brush, IOW not brushless as some other creams are. Eucalyptus is a great ingredient. Used Omega soap in the tub today, in fact.

Top Bottom