What's new

TM strop question

Does/Has TM make/made a cordovan strop? I love the feel of my Kanayama's, but am impressed with Tony's level of craftsmanship. Is there anything similar? I had a Notovan at one point, wasn't my taste. Any other suggestions from TM?

Tony makes his strops based on quality and availability, of various steer and horse hides. I've not seen cordovan on his website. You should email him, maybe he could do a custom cordovan for you. Let us know...

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
+1. If you are willing to pay for it he might do if he is back to work. The worse thing is he would say no. That being said Tony is a perfectionist so there must be a reason for not using cordovan.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I thought he was taking a break from making strops? Is that old news?

I had some serious health issues earlier this year. All fixed up and good, if not better than new now though. Doc gave me the all clear on Monday so things are back to normal. I actually got to go out hiking again this morning.....something I have really missed. Beautiful spring day here today.

Tony

His HH finish is very low draw to begin with. Quite similar to what I got from most of my thicker vintage cordovan strops. Honestly, I don't know what a Cord TM would give you over a HH TM other than being able to say you had one. I say just get the HH if you can't talk him into making you a Cord.

Tony is getting ready to make one up for me. For those of you who already have his strop, should I go with the linen or cotton?
Please reply quick. I have to make a decision.

Top Bottom