What's new

Tips on loading up a Kirsten

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I haven't smoked one of my kirsties in a while now, and I seemed to have forgotten how I used to pack it, tamp it, smoke it. It's smoking quite nicely right now with some bullseye, but I would love to get other Kirsten pipe smokers' tips

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
The one I am smoking now- I think it's considered a 1/4 bent
proxy.php

2 straights
proxy.php

And my unsmoked sitter. Haven't had the guts to smoke it yet lol
proxy.php

They show up quite often on the bay, and so far had no basket cases yet. Kirsten's are unique in that you never get a wet smoke as all the ccondensate and spit collects at the end of the pipe, and only cool smoke reaches the mouth. I notice the smoke is a little less tarry for lack of a better word...some may call it "less tasty". I like em tho.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Those are hard to find. Like with everything else you have impeccable taste :wink:

It figures...I could always find the gem in the rough. Unfortunately I have to pay gem prices..haha

TY for the compliment :)

The one I am smoking now- I think it's considered a 1/4 bent
proxy.php

2 straights
proxy.php

And my unsmoked sitter. Haven't had the guts to smoke it yet lol
proxy.php

They show up quite often on the bay, and so far had no basket cases yet. Kirsten's are unique in that you never get a wet smoke as all the ccondensate and spit collects at the end of the pipe, and only cool smoke reaches the mouth. I notice the smoke is a little less tarry for lack of a better word...some may call it "less tasty". I like em tho.
Send that sitter to me, I won't think twice about loading that sucker up and setting her a blaze :biggrin1:.

I actually follow the advice from the Kirsten website. Fill the bowl in one "charge" with as much tobacco as it will hold, tamp it gently and off you go. It actually works very well, although just by nature of the pipe you may stuff a piece into the draw hole at the bottom and have to puch int through to release the draw. I usually use my Czech tool, but the stinger in the Kirsten is actually tapered to allow you to use that to clear the draw.

BTW, fire up that sitter. It's a pipe, not a paperweight.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I actually follow the advice from the Kirsten website. Fill the bowl in one "charge" with as much tobacco as it will hold, tamp it gently and off you go. It actually works very well, although just by nature of the pipe you may stuff a piece into the draw hole at the bottom and have to puch int through to release the draw. I usually use my Czech tool, but the stinger in the Kirsten is actually tapered to allow you to use that to clear the draw.

BTW, fire up that sitter. It's a pipe, not a paperweight.

I also read the website, but what puzzled me was the "press firmly against the side of the bowl". So you just pack it like a normal pipe?

It's a paperweight for now :lol:. Maybe when I tear open my cellared bag of Stonehaven one of these days...

Top Bottom