What's new

Timeless SS 0.68 or what as un upgraded replacement of Recokwell 6C

Hi B&B,

I've really finally managed to have a few burn less and close shaves with Rockwell 6C (R5) and GSB. I guess it's time to finally settle down some really good gears.

Timeless SS 0.68 by far is what I've found a good choice due to a similar blade gap (0.68) compared with Rockwell R5 (0.69) and weight. Besides DE razors, Blackland Vector looks also good.

Do you have any recommendations and thoughts?

Thank you!

I'd like to add a bit more information if that matters. I shave daily and have really coarse and thick hair though not too much. Areas above the lip are sensitive.

I've got my .68 with scalloped top cap and base plate just last week. Here are some (initial) thoughts from another thread, along with my comments on Blackland Vector: New razor desire - Blackland, Timeless, Carbon. Any others? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/new-razor-desire-blackland-timeless-carbon-any-others.611602/post-11380566

In essence - YES, it's my "final destination".
Thank you so much! After reading your review, I felt like timeless SS 0.68 might also be my destination as well. I guess I'm ready to give it a shot. The only concern left is if I can bear its weight of 130g+ compared to Rockwell 100g.

Thank you so much! After reading your review, I felt like timeless SS 0.68 might also be my destination as well. I guess I'm ready to give it a shot. The only concern left is if I can bear its weight of 130g+ compared to Rockwell 100g.
You won't feel it, it such a joy to use. Well, at least for me it is 😊

Good news is that you can fit any handle to. 68 Timeless head, as it has a standard thread... so if you find it too heavy, a lighter (say Titanium) handle will work. The head itself is not that heavy anyways, as it's hollow.

I might suggest a few other options that work better for me compared to the Timeless. 68 or .95. I'm in the minority, but Timeless razors haven't been all that great for me. Love their design and they are smooth shavers, but I don't find them very efficient for some reason. I have/had .68 SB and OC, .95 SB stainless and Ti, and the Ti Slim. They all rank below the following in my den.....

Yates 921-M
Tatara Nodachi (on Masamune handle)
H&S 316-PO76
Muhle Rocca v4
EJ 3one6
Blackbird
Henson Ti22 medium
ATT Windsor

I've never used the Rockwell so don't know how these compare to that razor.

I might suggest a few other options that work better for me compared to the Timeless. 68 or .95. I'm in the minority, but Timeless razors haven't been all that great for me. Love their design and they are smooth shavers, but I don't find them very efficient for some reason. I have/had .68 SB and OC, .95 SB stainless and Ti, and the Ti Slim. They all rank below the following in my den.....

Yates 921-M
Tatara Nodachi (on Masamune handle)
H&S 316-PO76
Muhle Rocca v4
EJ 3one6
Blackbird
Henson Ti22 medium
ATT Windsor

I've never used the Rockwell so don't know how these compare to that razor.
Perhaps try another blade... I'm still experimenting with my .68, but as usual Feathers are excellent. I also like Kai and KCG... all 3 gave me great shave, smooth and close.

I'm typically a 3-pass + clean-up shaver.

YMMV

Perhaps try another blade... I'm still experimenting with my .68, but as usual Feathers are excellent. I also like Kai and KCG... all 3 gave me great shave, smooth and close.

I'm typically a 3-pass + clean-up shaver.

YMMV

I've had Timeless razors for several years and have tried many different blade combos. They are smooth, just not efficient compared to my other razors. Forgot to mention I also had the Bronze 38 as well. Kept it the longest, and just sold it a few weeks ago as I never seemed to use it much....it was a little too heavy for my tastes. I do like their design, but they don't work that well for me......wish they did.

I have a Timeless Ti in both .68 and .95. The clamping of the blade in the Timeless design provides a smooth, chatter-free cutting action and I really like it. The .68 option is better as an every day option while the .95 gap gives a closer shave. I am now in the middle of consecutive .95 gap shaves, every other day.

The Ti version is a little lighter than the stainless though I cannot compare how they shave since I have never used the stainless steel Timeless.

Responding to a prior post about relative efficiency, I have a number of razors I can choose from. These include the incomparable Paradigm 2020 Diamondback, Blackbird SS SB and the RR Wunderbar Slant, among others. All these stainless steel razors are more efficient than my Timeless. Still, I love it when my Timeless Ti comes up in my informal rotation. Simply put, it is a pleasure to shave with. Absolute efficiency is not the only variable that is important to me.

Finally, I also really like my Rockwell 6S because it is so easy and mindless, providing irritation-free shaves. It is also very durable. It is the stainless version of your 6C. This brings up the question of how advanced your technique is. You should be getting irritation free shaves with your 6C.

Last edited:
One other point, I find the Timeless to be more enjoyable to shave with than my Blackland Vector. Certainly the Vector is more efficient and provides a great shave. For whatever reason, I reach for my Timeless Ti more than I do my Vector.

I have a Timeless Ti in both .68 and .95. The clamping of the blade in the Timeless design provides a smooth, chatter-free cutting action and I really like it. The .68 option is better as an every day option while the .95 gap gives a closer shave. I am now in the middle of consecutive .95 gap shaves, every other day.

The Ti version is a little lighter than the stainless though I cannot compare how they shave since I have never used the stainless steel Timeless.

Responding to a prior post about relative efficiency, I have a number of razors I can choose from. These include the incomparable Paradigm 2020 Diamondback, Blackbird SS SB and the RR Wunderbar Slant, among others. All these stainless steel razors are more efficient than my Timeless. Still, I love it when my Timeless Ti comes up in my informal rotation. Simply put, it is a pleasure to shave with. Absolute efficiency is not the only variable that is important to me.

Finally, I also really like my Rockwell 6S because it is so easy and mindless, providing irritation-free shaves. It is also very durable. It is the stainless version of your 6C. This brings up the question of how advanced your technique is. You should be getting irritation free shaves with your 6C.

I'm sooo happy to see your post, which probably saves me a huge amount of money. If I may ask, what are the blades that you normally used with Rockwell 6S? Yes, I can manage to hassle-free shaves recently but I can still feel stubbles around my mouth after three passes. Do you have suggestions if rockwell 6c is not the main factor affecting the result?

Thank you!

One other point, I find the Timeless to be more enjoyable to shave with than my Blackland Vector. Certainly the Vector is more efficient and provides a great shave. For whatever reason, I reach for my Timeless Ti more than I do my Vector.
Same for me. With the Vector, I need to be cautious, even with the mildest of blades, the Feather Pro Softgyard.

With a regular Pro or Pro Super, it requires a special technique, which is ultra shallow for me. Superb shaves, results wise, but it is laborous.

I do love my Vector, nonetheless 😀. Timeless however is much easier to use, an auto-pilot.

I'm sooo happy to see your post, which probably saves me a huge amount of money. If I may ask, what are the blades that you normally used with Rockwell 6S? Yes, I can manage to hassle-free shaves recently but I can still feel stubbles around my mouth after three passes. Do you have suggestions if rockwell 6c is not the main factor affecting the result?

Thank you!
IMO the Rockwell system is not blade dependent. I have had success with Polsilver SI, Israeli Red, Gillette Silver Blue and Astra SP blades, among others.

When my technique was a little less dependable, I developed the following method with my Rockwell to get a good shave and minimize irritation. I still use this technique, dropping down in aggressiveness with each pass by changing the plate between passes. I use a higher number plate for my initial with the grain pass--say a 6 or 5. On the second across the grain pass I change to a lower number plate, say a 4 or 3 and for my third against the grain pass I use a 2. Thus for the passes more especially prone to creating irritation I use a lower and less aggressive plate--especially when doing the against the grain pass. I concentrate on letting the weight of the razor do the work and on not using any pressure on the razor. I just use each successive pass to reduce the beard level.

This does require a little more effort. At this point I don't necessarily have to change plates between passes but often still do. I use this same method with my Karve.

I also decided that I was not going to let perfection get in the way of acceptable. I don't try for a perfect BBS, just a nice comfortable shave. If there is a little stubble left here and there, so be it. Ironically, when I started doing this this is when everything seemed to come together and I would get a BBS without seeking it.

I shave every other day to avoid irritation and because it increases my enjoyment of each shave. If I shave on consecutive days, I start out with a less aggressive plate numbers for each pass, starting perhaps with a 4 or 3 rather than a 5 or 6 and sometimes reduce the number of passes. Shaving every day requires real concentration on not applying pressure to the razor. This is just my own personal approach. What works for me may or may not work for you.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I've got my .68 with scalloped top cap and base plate just last week. Here are some (initial) thoughts from another thread, along with my comments on Blackland Vector: New razor desire - Blackland, Timeless, Carbon. Any others? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/new-razor-desire-blackland-timeless-carbon-any-others.611602/post-11380566

In essence - YES, it's my "final destination".

Hiya, what blade do you find the best efficient combo with Timeless .68?

Don't forget the Razorock Lupo SS 72 & 95 which are hard to beat
Other fantastic options are the Karve CB with the C or D plate and the offerings from Above the Tie

Top Bottom