What's new

Timeless OC vs EJ 3one6 SB

I have the Blackbird and it’s a fantastic razor. It’s one of the top razors in my den. It’s awesome looking and has matching performance. Shane puts out incredible products. As you can tell, I’m a fanboy 😁.
Got an email from Shane they will be offering the Blackbird on Amazon after the first of the year

Ordered a stainless steel .95 SB plate to slap onto my brass since the .78 didn't really do it for me. Gonna give a whirl tomorrow...not gonna lie between this and my ATT I also just got I kinda dig the "mixed metal" look to these
20201230_225351.jpg

I don't find it overly aggressive.....it is very efficient.
I had a shave today with the Blackbird and new Feather blade, face is as smooth as glass and no feedback from the alum. Once dialled in it isn't aggressive at all but yes, it's very, very efficient.

Ordered a stainless steel .95 SB plate to slap onto my brass since the .78 didn't really do it for me. Gonna give a whirl tomorrow...not gonna lie between this and my ATT I also just got I kinda dig the "mixed metal" look to theseView attachment 1202120
I agree. Mixed metal looks great and I've always admired the looks of the ATT mixed copper. I'd like to order the bronze .78 plate and the Ti slim to mix the metal on my SS Timeless. I'd consider a SS plate for my brass Karve also.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I agree. Mixed metal looks great and I've always admired the looks of the ATT mixed copper. I'd like to order the bronze .78 plate and the Ti slim to mix the metal on my SS Timeless. I'd consider a SS plate for my brass Karve also.

I have a Stainless OC-C plate for my Karve Brass. Definitely a good looking and good shaving combination.

Also have a mixed metal ATT Copper/Stainless that I really like.

I'd just sell you mine if I was able to do so via BST or something, not sure if I'm eligible to post on there though.

Ordered a stainless steel .95 SB plate to slap onto my brass since the .78 didn't really do it for me. Gonna give a whirl tomorrow...not gonna lie between this and my ATT I also just got I kinda dig the "mixed metal" look to theseView attachment 1202120

How did it shave? Thinking about doing this. I have the bronze razor 0.38 gap and never cared for it. May look at getting a different base plate.....never crossed my mind until I shaw your post.

How did it shave? Thinking about doing this. I have the bronze razor 0.38 gap and never cared for it. May look at getting a different base plate.....never crossed my mind until I shaw your post.

well the .95 plate was MUCH better for me, shaves nearly identically to my Rocca I'd say (even the heads are similar actually)

I actually liked the shave of the .95 plate so much I returned it and picked up the polished scalloped version instead (from Maggard's since I wanted a soap as well) since it'd compliment the style of the rest of the razor a bit better for the mixed metal look.

Top Bottom