What's new

Timeless OC vs EJ 3one6 SB

The EJ 3one6 is a SB with blade gap of 1.35mm
Thinking about getting a Timeless Brass OC with blade gap of .78mm
Will the Timeless be more aggressive?

Timeless brass OC 78 >>>> aggressive than 3ONE6

at best the EJ is a mid/aggressive razor and the 78OC is considered aggressive

blade exposure isn’t a good way to compare.. the T 78 OC is more aggressive than the T 95 OC

waiting on a Timeless Brass OC 78 myself...how aggressive is it compared to ...we'll say the Muhle R41?

Timeless brass OC 78 >>>> aggressive than 3ONE6

at best the EJ is a mid/aggressive razor and the 78OC is considered aggressive

blade exposure isn’t a good way to compare.. the T 78 OC is more aggressive than the T 95 OC
What about the Timeless brass .38 gap SB compared to the EJ 3one6

What about the Timeless brass .38 gap SB compared to the EJ 3one6

sorry I should of mentioned I have personally never shaved with a bronze timeless (i do own the T95) but its what I have heard from users i know that have used the Timeless 95 SS, both Bronze versions and the 3one6.

The timeless 38 is a mild razor, so the 3one6 is more efficient but i believe the EJ is smoother

no problem, thought I'd ask...lots of people find the R41 this holy grail of aggressiveness but I never found it all that bad myself

i have an r41, plenty efficient and def lots of blade feel but it’s a nice razor and reasonable to use if you take some care, great lather and ride the cap

Have and used all three. These are my own impressions. The R41 has the most blade feel and is the most aggressive and efficient and requires the most care and best technique to get a blood free shave. The Timeless Bronze .78 has slightly less blade feel but due to it’s greater weight is almost as efficient and aggressive, like other Timeless it clamps the blade close to the ends so it feels very smooth with minimal blade chatter. The Timeless .38 SB is much less aggressive, less efficient but still smooth. I was surprised to read the 3one6 has a neutral blade exposure because I get noticeable blade feel, it must be the large blade gap. The 3one6 is bit less aggressive and efficient compared to the Timeless .78 OC. The R41, Timeless Bronze .78 and .38 and 3one6 are all great razors, shave well, and purely personal taste and skin and beard which might make someone prefer one of these over the others. The standard answer on this forum is — get the razor, if you don’t like it, you can recover most of the cost selling it and than buy something else.

Have and used all three. These are my own impressions. The R41 has the most blade feel and is the most aggressive and efficient and requires the most care and best technique to get a blood free shave. The Timeless Bronze .78 has slightly less blade feel but due to it’s greater weight is almost as efficient and aggressive, like other Timeless it clamps the blade close to the ends so it feels very smooth with minimal blade chatter. The Timeless .38 SB is much less aggressive, less efficient but still smooth. I was surprised to read the 3one6 has a neutral blade exposure because I get noticeable blade feel, it must be the large blade gap. The 3one6 is bit less aggressive and efficient compared to the Timeless .78 OC. The R41, Timeless Bronze .78 and .38 and 3one6 are all great razors, shave well, and purely personal taste and skin and beard which might make someone prefer one of these over the others. The standard answer on this forum is — get the razor, if you don’t like it, you can recover most of the cost selling it and than buy something else.
Thank You for your input and time

I have a 3one6 and the solid bar Timeless bronze. To me there is no comparison....the EJ smokes it. Not sure how the OC bronze compares, but I hear it is an aggressive razor. I really believe my 3one6 may just best every razor I own.
Thank you for your input, I will not waste my time checking the Timeless out.

Thank you for your input, I will not waste my time checking the Timeless out.

Keep in mind I don’t have experience with the Timeless OC. Mine is the milder solid bar with the .38 gap. The 3one6 is better for me than that one.

Depends on what you like. The OC bronze will most likely be more aggressive than the 3one6 but the EJ most likely will be smoother. I love my 3one6. Shaves super close and comfortable. Can’t imagine anything shaving closer without irritating. YMMV of course.

Keep in mind I don’t have experience with the Timeless OC. Mine is the milder solid bar with the .38 gap. The 3one6 is better for me than that one.

Depends on what you like. The OC bronze will most likely be more aggressive than the 3one6 but the EJ most likely will be smoother. I love my 3one6. Shaves super close and comfortable. Can’t imagine anything shaving closer without irritating. YMMV of course.
I completely agree

I have a 3one6 and the solid bar Timeless bronze. To me there is no comparison....the EJ smokes it. Not sure how the OC bronze compares, but I hear it is an aggressive razor. I really believe my 3one6 may just best every razor I own.

that’s cos you havnt tried a Muhle Rocca V4 :)

Top Bottom