What's new

Timeless Bronze OC Vs Titatium .95 OC Vs Charcoal Goods Level 3 SB

I'm thinking about picking up one of these three razors and would like to see how they compare. How do they compare in blade feel, smoothness, efficiency, etc. Thanks guys!

I've only got the Timeless .78 OC bronze and the Charcoal Goods Level 3 SB (plus a few other razors from these vendors). These two are among my top five, but the CG L3 is top of my heap, along with the OC version of the CG L3. In my book, the Charcoal Goods Level 3 is the best razor I've used, whether SB or OC. The Timeless is a completely different experience, as it's more like a Mack truck than a sports car, which is my sense of the CG. Both are great, but for me, the Timeless is better after missing a day of shaving. In fact, the Timeless is always one of the eight razors in my rack, and I usually use it only after missing a rare day of shaving. The CG, on the other hand, I feel confident using every day. Good luck with your choice!

I've shaved with all three razors and the efficiency of the Charcoal Goods Level 3 SB is a notch above the other two. WIth that said the Bronze OC is quite efficient with a lot of blade feel and I know some folks would call it aggressive. To me it's not a razor I'd recommend for a beginner for example but more for an experienced wet shaver. Also I would not consider if a daily shaver either unless you have skin like leather. The Timeless .95 Ti is a very smooth shaver considering the efficiency level it delivers and I surmise that the new high polished Ti that will be released soon will be a bit smoother than the non polished one and with silighty better glide. I'm all onboard with that razor when it comes out as I had it in my hands at the Shave Meet in Michigan where it made its debut and all I can say is wow. Great in hand feel and balance and with the lighter weight I'm sure it will be very maneuverable. Also I'd say depending on handle weight the CG can also be a very well balanced razor in all areas which includes efficiency, smoothness and maneuverability and my Level 3 OC and SB are two of my personal favorites. Honestly you can't go wrong with either two. I had the Bronze and sold it as I didn't have a connection with it like with the other two and it sat on a shelf after shaving with it a few times in my attempt to like it better than I did.

Thanks guys, just placed a .78 bronze plate order since I'd have to wait a long time for a CG level 3 in antique brass. I'll very likely get one of those as well when they become available.

I have the Bronze OC .78 and I used to have the OC .95 in SS. I prefer the Bronze head to the OC .95 because I like the blade feel and it's a little more efficient. When you bring up the OC .95 in Titanium you're comparing the weight of that, which I have as 75g, with the Bronze which is 129g. That's a very big difference. In my own case I've gone down the middle, and used a titanium handle on my Bronze which brings it down to 97g. It's very pretty with its stock bronze handle and if that suits you, you're golden. I sacrificed the good looks for a reduction in weight - unfortunately couldn't have both. Just saying the option is there even if you don't use it.

I have the Bronze OC .78 and I used to have the OC .95 in SS. I prefer the Bronze head to the OC .95 because I like the blade feel and it's a little more efficient. When you bring up the OC .95 in Titanium you're comparing the weight of that, which I have as 75g, with the Bronze which is 129g. That's a very big difference. In my own case I've gone down the middle, and used a titanium handle on my Bronze which brings it down to 97g. It's very pretty with its stock bronze handle and if that suits you, you're golden. I sacrificed the good looks for a reduction in weight - unfortunately couldn't have both. Just saying the option is there even if you don't use it.
Thanks but I'm too OCD for frankenrazors :)

I prefer the Bronze, either head, to the Open Comb, by a lot. Geometry simply works better for me. I pass on the Charcoal as I have had lots of razors with similar geometry they aren't best for me, particularly given the price point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

95 OC is nowhere near as aggressive as CGLVL3.

I can use the 95 4+ times a week. With CGLVL3 I have to skip days. For me the level 2 is a great daily driver. If you like really aggressive razors the LVL3 is really great, it's just too much for me.

Can't compare but I share the view that the CLG3 is an amazing razor. Nimble like a sports car but also super efficient. It's one of my very favorite razors.

I'm sure when you get your Bronze you'll have fun trying blades. In my case I find GSB smooth and sharp, Yellows sharp but not GSB smooth. Nacet is probably the sharpest, and a new blade gan give you an impressive BBS without much buffing. Sharp blades are the way to go in this head - it's not that aggressive that you need to back off in any way. Haven't tried Feathers but they should be fun.

I'm sure when you get your Bronze you'll have fun trying blades. In my case I find GSB smooth and sharp, Yellows sharp but not GSB smooth. Nacet is probably the sharpest, and a new blade gan give you an impressive BBS without much buffing. Sharp blades are the way to go in this head - it's not that aggressive that you need to back off in any way. Haven't tried Feathers but they should be fun.
Thank you, I'll keep this in mind.

I'm thinking about picking up one of these three razors and would like to see how they compare. How do they compare in blade feel, smoothness, efficiency, etc. Thanks guys!
T

I ordered a 0.78 OC last week and dislike dealing with Timeless - non existent communication skill

I've had 2 shaves with the OC bronze. Yesterday was one pass wtg, and today I did 2 passes, WTG and ATG. The results were not was I was expecting. I've read a lot of comments about the bronze OC being very aggressive and tearing people's faces, but I found it to be very smooth. I may even be able to use it daily! And I'm not a fan of overly aggressive razors, nor do I have leather skin. I continue to be impressed by Timeless' products!

my RAD for the bronze OC might of just faded.. shaved with the R41 this morning and absolutely loved it, loaded with a fresh polsilver it delivered a super close BBS, smooth and comfortable shave. This is all the blade feel i need

my RAD for the bronze OC might of just faded.. shaved with the R41 this morning and absolutely loved it, loaded with a fresh polsilver it delivered a super close BBS, smooth and comfortable shave. This is all the blade feel i need
Don't remember about blade feel for Bronze, since I used a while ago, but it is not so aggressive as a face scraper R41

Don't remember about blade feel for Bronze, since I used a while ago, but it is not so aggressive as a face scraper R41

maybe it is the angle i used (riding the cap) but i didnt feel it to be an aggressive face scraper at all

total BBS, smooth and comfortable shave, no nicks or cuts, no burn.. this is an amazing razor for me.. had a super protective and slick lather with A&E signature and a fresh polsilver blade

Top Bottom