What's new

Time to Finish Some Product

I have respect for those with such control, but when I try I personally lack the discipline :innocent: to go more than 3-4 days max with one product.
I think the only way I could participate is if I could have one product that I use every 2 days, and then I could use whatever product I wanted on the days falling between. Does that count?? :blink:

Participation isn't mandatory. :biggrin1: It is all about what works for you. I am simply out of room. Years of accumulation have taken their toll. I have chosen to alter my normal routine (a rotation) in favor of cleaning out some product. And to that end....

My tub of Nancy Boy Signature is dwindling faster than I had expected. Maybe done in another week or two? I was thinking about creating a list of creams in my inventory but I decided that I really don't want to attempt it until I can clear out some first.

Participation isn't mandatory. :biggrin1: It is all about what works for you. I am simply out of room. Years of accumulation have taken their toll. I have chosen to alter my normal routine (a rotation) in favor of cleaning out some product. And to that end....

My tub of Nancy Boy Signature is dwindling faster than I had expected. Maybe done in another week or two? I was thinking about creating a list of creams in my inventory but I decided that I really don't want to attempt it until I can clear out some first.

Thanks, I got reprimanded (haha, indirectly :a36:) on the 3017 thread bc I stopped using DRH after like 3 days!

My tub of NB has enough cream to last out the rest of this week. I think I have talked myself into working on a puck of soap next.

I finally kicked the tub of TOBS Sandalwood. Working on a tube of Speick currently which shouldn't take too long.

Last edited:
Okay you inspired me to turn to my stash of GFT and shift some units.

I'm going to start with my tub of Rose and load it like I stole it until its gone.

I'm in the same boat. I think at one point, I had about 70 different soaps and creams. I had to purchase a separate cabinet to store them all. I had lots of unused soaps that I wanted to try and realized that I could never get to know any of them if I switched every day. I started a two week rotation with each soap/cream and found that it really put a sizable dent in some of them.

I've since switched to finishing off one soap/cream at a time. Since they've already been used, it doesn't take nearly as long...about 2-3 weeks to finish off 1/2 full creams. Doing this, I've been able to kill about 10-12 creams/soaps over the last few months. It feels great to finish a product.

The only purchases I've made were for items that have been discontinued that I can't live without...TOBS Shaving Shop is one of them.

^^^^ I try to limit my soap/cream purchases to stuff in the annual NBCF fund raiser, old stand-by products, new products, shiny products and anything else that I might fancy. But I am trying to limit so that counts for something. :biggrin1:

At some point I had about 20 creams all bought over a 2-month period. Since I didn't use them all, I gave them to my uncle who is a barber and sometimes offers shaves to his clients. So, one day, he decided to use the Proraso green, not knowing it is mentholated. The customer had some menthol allergies or something, he almost jumps through the roof :).
After that, my uncle decided that all the creams I gave him went bad and tossed them in the bin... I was pretty mad at him, nothing that I can do... :)

I had used a seasonal rotation for years with maybe a half dozen products. It was great for variety but it takes forever and a day to finish off products. It took years to accumulate the den but it will take a decade or two to deplete it.

So what? Enjoy your shaves, Dan! Funny how some people on here don't have any variety and wished they did. Whereas others have enough product for twenty years and wish they didn't. i guess it all depends on your perspective. Personally, I love the fact that I can switch it up and select from soaps, croaps, creams, aftershaves and colognes. I love Cella and MWF, for example, but I kinda dig Proraso and Jack Black Supreme. Variety is the spice of life....have fun with it and enjoy the experience!

I'm in a similar vein of thinking! Determined to finish some products before cracking open something new..

I'm working through a tub of Omega cream, and I'm starting to wonder if either SWMBO is playing tricks on me, or its haunted, because it just doesn't seem to be decreasing! Weekend I've been using a full sized puck of stirling, and that doesn't seem to be going down either!

I'm determined to finish them!!

The more in the rotation the longer it takes. Currently I have one container in my cabinet. It will be the only product until it has been finished.

Good luck.

I went shopping last night and came home to tell my wife, rather proudly, that while I looked at the shaving section I did not buy anything. Overnight, of course, I ordered more stuff online. (I did buy her flowers yesterday.)

I love the concept of finishing off the older stuff.
My issue is the more recent creams I've acquired are just better than the old ones.
So every time is use the old ones and get a bad shave (which isn't always, but is more frequent than with the newer, better products) I kick myself for wasting a day using the old product.
Thats how I justify it anyway.

I have about 2 year's worth of soaps and creams. I am currently 3017'ing a puck of Trumper's Lime to get rid of it. I don't like so well, but I am too cheap to toss it or use it for bath soap.

The plan is to have 2-3 going at a time with one primary and work through this stock.

I love the concept of finishing off the older stuff.
My issue is the more recent creams I've acquired are just better than the old ones.
So every time is use the old ones and get a bad shave (which isn't always, but is more frequent than with the newer, better products) I kick myself for wasting a day using the old product.
Thats how I justify it anyway.

Yeah this is what keeps me from going back to the old stuff I've collected. Recently I've reminded myself of the Deals section and made a trade on there to get rid of some old stuff that I wasn't planning on ever using again. Trading your stuff out is a great way to reduce you collection and not feel bad about it. You can trade out 10 cheap things for maybe 1 or 2 nice things, cutting down your supply while you do it.

You could expedite your finishing ability by using more product than you actually need each shave. Take pictures of lather explosions for the hell of it. And if you must use it, you could lather up to shave... other areas.

I have been doing this for a year and a half and have yet to finish ANYTHING. Not a single tube of cream or tub of soap. The closest is the tube of Proraso green that I used exclusively for months when I started out. There is about 30% left in it. I also have bottles of AV Ice Blue and Pinaud Clubman that are around that mark. Even loading it like I hate it hardly seems to make a dent.

Oh well - first world problems. Amirite?

I've arrived at a balance that makes me happy: use two products that I really want to deplete for five out of seven days in the week.
The two other days are fixed. I may still on occasion throw in a wild card.

The two in heavy rotation now are TOBS Sandalwood and Grapefruit, the first creams I bought last summer.
I'm seeing the bottom of each tub, though there's still a way to go.

The next two to go into heavy rotation will be Dettol Cool and Fresh, also purchased last summer.

I use a small fridge to keep toiletries that I can't immediately use. I also use the fridge to store e-liquid for vaping, and some tobacco products that are perishable and require low temperatures. But I am trying to hold down the "acquisition disorder" to a minimum. I believe divvying up products and trading them as samples might be a good way to go about trying new products without acquiring lots of bulk.

Top Bottom