What's new

Time to date yourself, please fill in the blank

Drakkar...by the tanker load
If you were running around smelling other dude's cologne you didn't do college right. The girls smelled of cotton candy and vanilla.

High School (1972-1975): British Sterling, Brut, Aramis. (Other predominant scents were gasoline, weed, cheap beer)

College (1975-1980): Jovan Musk, Royal Copenhagen (I vaguely recall there was still alot of weed and cheap beer in the air and on people)

Funny, I can't remember guys wearing any particular scent my senior year of high school, which was when dinosaurs roomed the earth, of course. I sort of get the sense that every guy went around smelling like Right Guard deodorant. I wonder if spray deodorants were much stronger back in the day than they are now.

By sophmore year of undergrad, everyone, guys and girls, seemed to smell like Herbal Essence shampoo, and maybe Dr. Bronner's castile soap. I do not remember anyone, guys or girls, in either of those years smelling like patchouli, and it would have been the supposed era for that kind of thing. There was a lot of incense around, I remember that smell. As I recall, for instance, "head shops" did not smell like patchouli. They smelled like a generic incense.

Highschool was Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger
Didn't go to college, but I wore Drakkar Noir and still do. The ladies always seem to like it...

Looks like Polo and Drakkar are in the lead which is funny because even though I was raised during the era when these would have been popular, I never smelled them on anyone. I guess that is what being raised in a small farm community in rural Texas did for me. I thought I was the only dude sporting Polo and I probably was where I lived at least.

Top Bottom