What's new

Time of day for last coffee?

It's not the nerves for me...it's the stomach. More than a couple of cups and it doesn't sit well.
On rare occasions I will have an afternoon or evening cup.

I have one double espresso a day, my wife gets up and brings it up to bed for me every day.
The training took some time but has eventually paid off.
I don't handle caffeine well, any more than that and I get the shakes and irritable. I sometimes risk a second one at weekends when I'm feeling brave.
On a serious note I have a real coffee obsession, I have a home roaster, huge cafe grade grinder and single group head espresso machine, along with a hand lever machine and pretty much every other method of coffee making you can think of down to an Ibrik.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I have a cup 1st thing in the morning and another around mid morning. I usually don't eat breakfast so more than 2 cups it bothers my stomach. After lunch I'm not in the mood for coffee any longer so I'd say my last cup finishes by noon at the latest.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I got home from work at 1:00am.
I had a cup of coffee and a slice of apple pie right after my shower!

Not a coffee drinker . . . but I find my sleep pattern is much improved since I stopped drinking tea after 6:00 p.m. Now, my "cup" of tea is about 20-26 oz.

I work in shifts, so it all depends on when I plan to go to sleep, but I try not to drink any coffee if I've past T minus 4 or 5 hours before bedtime. And anytime I have the option of decaf, I go for that after my initial morning cup or two.

Decaf is not a common option in Japan, so when I want it, I have to brew and bring it from home. I sometimes brew half / half, regular / decaf coffee and take that in a Thermos for later in the day.

I used to take about 5-7 espresso a day during my time in a Swiss engineering consultancy. The Jura semi-automatic espresso machine actually has a counter/odometer and the tech logs how many cups between the service. Divide that number to the number of staff, minus the non-drinker and I am about the average at 6-7 cups a day.

Right now, I am way down on my count. I take one early in the morning 0730 and perhaps 1 more after lunch at 1330. I can drink it late at night and still sleeps like a baby.

Hello,

Worst thing for me is a combination of sparkling wine for diner and an espresso after. Will keep me up all night.

A part from that: no rules.

Take care
YouYou

Top Bottom