What's new

Time of day for last coffee?

I drink 2-4 cups of coffee a day. I can easily down two or three double espressos a day. I do find, however, that I need to have my last coffee of the day before 2 pm or it affects my sleep. Not so much causing insomnia, but rather not being able to get into a really deep sleep. (Decaf does not apply.)

When do you have your last coffee of the day?

I drink 2-4 cups of coffee a day. I can easily down two or three double espressos a day. I do find, however, that I need to have my last coffee of the day before 2 pm or it affects my sleep. Not so much causing insomnia, but rather not being able to get into a really deep sleep. (Decaf does not apply.)

When do you have your last coffee of the day?

The older I get the earlier it gets. I generally can't go past midday anymore. Also, some highstreet vendors' decaf seems to still have quite a kick. I remember reading an article where the caffeine content was tested and some decaf coffees are really reduced-caf.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I usually have 4 to 5 mugs of coffee a day. I usually drink instant here but I have just started using a moka pot to try and up my coffee game. Last one is usually about 4pm. It does not really effect my sleep it just means more trips to the bathroom during the night.

The older I get the earlier it gets. I generally can't go past midday anymore. Also, some highstreet vendors' decaf seems to still have quite a kick. I remember reading an article where the caffeine content was tested and some decaf coffees are really reduced-caf.
Yes, I agree about the decaf still packing a bit of a punch. I should have added that I can't take decaf after 4.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Most of my coffee drinking is instant, but I do keep some fresh coffee in too. I won't usually have a coffee after 3pm, but if I do, it's a fresh coffee after a large meal.

I'm more of a tea drinker though, and it's quite rare for me to drink more than 4 or 5 coffees per week. One of those foil pouches of ground coffee can easily last me three months or more.

Any time before bed, although usually the last cup comes by dinner. The caffeine has never kept me up, although a couple of times I have noticed it takes a little longer to get to sleep if I have coffee after dinner.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

No later than noon. If I have coffee later, I will get sleepy and actually fall asleep but then pop awake around 2-3 AM and stay awake.

Normally i only have one cup per day, always after dinner, 28g of beans to 4fl oz. of water though an Aeropress, so that's 1/2 a cup. I'll finish whatever my wife doesn't drink from her cup which is another 1/2 cup of weaker coffee, my one cup. Lot's of days we eat dinner by 4:00 so i might be having coffee at 5:30 but it could also be hours later then that. After dinner anytime, doesn't seem to have any effect on sleep, i go to bed when i'm ready.

If i meeting someone over coffee during the day i'll have a single shot espresso.

dave

In the morning, I make a 3-cup (6 oz. to the "cup") pot of percolated coffee, using a 50/50 blend of straight coffee and decaf. That's around 2 morning mugs' worth, or 1-1/2 cups. Around 3:00 in the afternoon, I make a 1-cup pot of espresso, or if my wife is around and wants one, a 3-cup pot. So that's around 2-1/2 to 3 cups total for me. Any coffee much after three risks to interrupt my sleep.

I do a couple 6-8 oz cups out of an aeropress in the morning, and that's all the coffee (or caffeine) I drink. never after noon unless it's a dire day.

Once it stopped putting sugar in my coffee it stopped keeping me up if I had it after 3pm .

I can have a cup pretty much anytime.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I will drunk it all day if u have the chance
"Cups" are almost always a large venti size .I start the day with a 20oz travel mug from home and then have 1 to 3 more cups during the day depending. But my last cup is no later than 3p. Maybe 330p. If its after dinner ill do decaf

SWMBO and I have 2 cup each after dinner every night.

Last cup can be as late as 10 or 11 PM

We're having our first cup now (8:30 pm)

Coffee does NOT keep me awake

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I might have as many as 4 or 5 shots in the morning and on into early afternoon, but I typically try to wind that up by around 2. When it comes to night time, I'm fine so long as I keep it to one cup or shot.

Top Bottom