What's new

Thought I would show these

Here pictured are my Heljestrand MK 33s in original ivory. I have not shaved with either. The need some cleanup and honing.
33-1.jpg
33-2.jpg

Thanks Gents. I have been thinking about just honing them and using them as is, but the rust on the tails make me nervous. I think there is some in the pivot as well, but I am too afraid to try and unpin them to clean. I don't want to hurt those scales.

Doc226, or mycarver (he hasn’t been active on here for years, but I sent my ivory MK31 to him to turn back into a “factory fresh” condition) would be my recommendations for that kind of work if you do want to send it out.

if you wanted to contact mycarver, he used to have a webpage that I can’t remember now. I don’t know if he’s still doing this kind of work.

Thanks KW. Doc did a restoration for me some years back, and his work is top notch.

me too. Doc should be able to handle it just fine himself. as good as the rest of the blade looks, I'd get that cleaned up if it was mine.

the mycarver choice was based on him restoring several blades to "OEM, fresh off the storeroom floor" condition. satin (at the right level of sanding) or mirror polished, blued tang... whatever they looked like, in new condition. the man is truly an artist.

the mycarver choice was based on him restoring several blades to "OEM, fresh off the storeroom floor" condition. satin (at the right level of sanding) or mirror polished, blued tang... whatever they looked like, in new condition. the man is truly an artist.

I believe mycarver did a set of scales for a vintage Boker I have. He transferred the tree inlay to a set of white bone scales. It came out beautiful. I'm away from home at work. when I get back I'll try to post a pic.

Top Bottom