What's new

This... this can't be right.

never seen one like that. maybe he took it apart to clean, then put it back together upside down and figured he'd try to charge $1k for a "rare" piece. :001_tt2:

in all seriousness, regardless of rarity, that does seem a bit, uh, steep.

He has been trying to sell it for quite a while now. I would not doubt he's already paid more in eBay fees than the price he's trying to get for it.

He has been trying to sell it for quite a while now. I would not doubt he's already paid more in eBay fees than the price he's trying to get for it.

I'm not sure he really wants to sell it. If he did he would have lowered the price by now. It's only listed for maybe 1 week a month. I always wonder if it sold when the listing expires. But I like seeing it up there. If I ever come into a bunch of money......... Some day he will sell it and then the price becomes what it's worth.

Len

I'm not sure he really wants to sell it. If he did he would have lowered the price by now. It's only listed for maybe 1 week a month. I always wonder if it sold when the listing expires. But I like seeing it up there. If I ever come into a bunch of money......... Some day he will sell it and then the price becomes what it's worth.

Len

It used to be $1500, and maybe even more. This razor and the Argentine Aristocrat are like old friends and I too will be sad if they eventually go.

never seen one like that. maybe he took it apart to clean, then put it back together upside down and figured he'd try to charge $1k for a "rare" piece. :001_tt2:

It's not put together incorrectly, and is extremely rare.

That is a prototype Fatboy. They had the adjustment dial on the bottom of the handle. It's called a Bottom Dial Adjustable. It adjusts from 1-5 only.

The dial was moved to the top of the razor for the actual production runs.

Considering there can't be that many in existence (prototypes are generally not released to the general public), it is probably worth what he is asking for it.

Here are photos of it from Mr. Razor's site:

Bottom Dial Adjustable

Bottom Dial Adjustable More Photos

Last edited:

That is a prototype Fatboy. They had the adjustment dial on the bottom of the handle. It's called a Bottom Dial Adjustable. It adjusts from 1-5 only.

Considering there can't be more than a half dozen in existence, it is probably worth what he is asking for it.

Bottom Dial Adjustable

Wow! :w00t:

Where did you come up with this? :confused1

Just a random guess, how many prototypes would you expect to have actually found their way into the general public? Prototypes are generally never released to the public, and are usually made in small numbers.

I modified my original posting, to better reflect the facts.

Last edited:

Considering there can't be that many in existence (prototypes are generally not released to the general public), it is probably worth what he is asking for it.

Bottom Dial Adjustable

I believe, the 9 click bottom dial Adjustable was not a Prototype: it give a case and a instruction for him. But the 5 click bottom dial Adjustable is very, very rare and maybe a Prototype

proxy.php

I believe, the 9 click bottom dial Adjustable was not a Prototype: it give a case and a instruction for him. But the 5 click bottom dial Adjustable is very, very rare and maybe a Prototype

Awesome, I didn't know it came in two varieties. 9 click vs. 5 click. I wonder how rare the 9 click version is.?

The Toggle was marketed for one year, and still considered rare enough to bring quite high dollar.

Now this is a GREAT thread, discussing the history of these razors. Thanks for all the imput. I still wouldn't pay over $695.99:ohmy:

Now this is a GREAT thread, discussing the history of these razors. Thanks for all the imput. I still wouldn't pay over $695.99:ohmy:

If I ever pay that much for a razor, I will have to kick my own ***!! (After the wife got through with me, of course):scared:

cc

I would love to have this razor. Imagine being able to tell you friends that a 1000 guys have discussed this very razor and now it's mine. (well maybe only 100 guys). The price? A little rich for me. But there are collectors of other things that would think the price was a bargain.

Len

Top Bottom