What's new

They're hooked

Both of my kids (teens now) wanted a fountain pen after seeing one I built for myself, so I made them both one too. Then my wife gets out her speedball calligraphy set and I see her showing them how to make cool stuff. Hand writting is improving already. Guess it just has to be made fun.:a34: Good Cursive writting is becomming a lost art.

keep helping them along and encouraging their cursive I have recently started taking down a journal and writing only in cursive in order to get better... I haven't improved yet :huh:

My father help feed my FPAD by enabling me when I first started. Now, I'm the one enabling him. I think he's waiting on half a dozen pens to get delivered.

We had to share our eBay account IDs to make sure we wouldn't battle over the same pens. :blushing:

Amen to that. Some school are no longer teaching it. I wonder how much history, family and otherwise, will be lost because it can no longer be read.

Don't worry too much about it. There will always be some niche group of pen and writing nerds who will be able to read and write cursive.

-Andy

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Good Cursive writting is becomming a lost art.
Like the movie "The Book of Eli", which had similarities to "Fahrenheit 451" (where different people memorize different books, because book ownership is no longer legal)- there will always be a small sub-set of people that know this skill. If your kids embrace it- fantastic. One day, it may pay off. If not, they will just know a different form of communication, which is never a bad thing.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Amen to that. Some school are no longer teaching it. I wonder how much history, family and otherwise, will be lost because it can no longer be read.

This reminds me of a cartoon. I think it was in Mad Magazine back in the 70's. The professor decides to play tapes of his lectures and leave to do something else. After doing this a few times he comes back early to the class room and there are no students just recorders at every desk.

$IMG_20130329_210452.jpg
The 2 one the outside have magnetic caps. All three are nice kits and will accept a standard pump. Mine is the bottom one and the kids have the other 2.

Good job, our children need to know this dying skill. 3 of my 5 children love fountain pens, and I gifted them each a TWSBI 540 months ago. Now they just steal my ink, paper and use Dad's "off limits" pens whenever I'm not around, lol. Good luck and congrats ;-)

Top Bottom