What's new

The Zombies are panicked

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The Tenderloins will be like the TP....all gone before you know it.

Theres no shortage of deer, especially around here. Turkeys either for that matter. You almost need to chase them off the roads right now lol.

The first flock of Trumpeter Swans just went over the house. They were so high I couldnt even see them and barely hear them. I guess spring is here.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Mrs. TL reported that things seem to be getting back to normal at the local supermarket. They were out of some paper goods, and some other stuff was limited, but things were relatively calm.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I finally found hamburger. The 1 pound packs were out, because the zombies saw that they were on sale. Picked up three 3 pound packs. I also got two chuck roasts for pot roast. They were 6.5 pounds and cost just a little over $18, because people are too lazy to really cook. Also hit RedBox and got A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood and the Joker (yes, insanely different types of movies) for $4- renting these from amazon would be $10 or so.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Out back...This old tom looked a little nervous yesterday morning. Plenty of deer come around that same corner every evening.

804E5F62-B46F-4286-904D-A77194ABBE61.jpeg
C9F8D4A7-5625-4162-9CF1-4A9DFBB35F48.jpeg

When it first hit Singapore, perhaps the weekend of 8/9 Feb, it was a bit like that here too. I had probably missed the actual panic buying when I wandered into the supermarket on the Sunday - but no potatoes, onions or garlic, no rice, no loo roll, no bread. I got the last box of 6 eggs, and the last pack of fresh chicken breasts.

Luckily there was lots of wine, gin and Fever Tree Light tonic.

Now it's pretty much back to normal so hang in there guys.

There was no one in my liquor store this morning at 10:30. I bought 4 bottles of wine and walked out. No other takers what so ever.

I did my normal grocery shopping over the last couple of weeks and just added a little extra to the cart every trip. No drama, no hoarding, but the wife and I are ready for the next couple of weeks at least, probably more. There's no need to go crazy.

When it first hit Singapore, perhaps the weekend of 8/9 Feb, it was a bit like that here too. I had probably missed the actual panic buying when I wandered into the supermarket on the Sunday - but no potatoes, onions or garlic, no rice, no loo roll, no bread. I got the last box of 6 eggs, and the last pack of fresh chicken breasts.

Luckily there was lots of wine, gin and Fever Tree Light tonic.

Now it's pretty much back to normal so hang in there guys.

Did any grocery stores ever close?

I don't get this.
all of the fast food joints are still open and selling so even if you couldn't get bulk tuna from costco, you could still go get a burger at the local place (we did yesterday and it was a breeze; streets are pretty empty right now where I am at).
My opinion is that here in California nobody prepares for anything so you go from wild swings of unpreparedness to over in a flash.
I've always kept water and rice etc. due to the earthquake situation here.

I've always had rice on hand as I LUV ME SUM RICE! Having been the grocery shopper for a household where I'm the solitary male, I've always overstocked on TP, still do. As another B&B member has said, I can sanitize my hands with aftershave and wash them with shaving soap and I've got enough for the next 3 pandemics.

I went to the grocery store early Friday morning for my weekly shopping. Zombies were everywhere eating everything in sight including toilet paper and dog food. I didn't know that Zombies ate grass feed and grass finished steak/ground beef. The beer isle was bare including dish soap. For some reason the brussel sprout bin was untouched. I had 50 carts ahead of mine for check out. Most of the Zombies carts were pilled high with nothing thats good for Zombies. I had eggs, cheese, 25 jalapenos, a sausage kolache and few birthday cards. I should have stayed at home.

Nuts guilty as charged! That was me you saw. You know the balding/portly guy with a ZZ Top tee shirt, flip flops and 6 cases of Schlitz in my cart. But a Boomer has to do what he has to do. In my defense I did leave the T-paper, baby wipes, spaghetti "O"s' and bread for the Millennial's; even though I hear some are rooting for (my) reduction.

Top Bottom