What's new

the zinn gem....can be used.

after getting what is my second zinn gem today (wedding present), i decided to try and see if i could make it useable somehow. the set i had didnt really have blades i could work with for comparison. luckily, this one had two. the blades are essentially the same length as a SE blade, but about HALF the height. my solution: take down the spine, find a pair of SHARP scissors that can cut thin metal w/o harm to the user aaaaaaaaand youre done. my first shave will be in that marnin'. am i excited? yes. does this make me think i know my onions? for the moment. if you are lucky enough to own a zinn gem, try it out.

for those who dont know, this is a zinn gem. the head style was the forerunner to the 1912 gem.

Can you also post pictures of what the blades look like, and what your mod'd blades look like?
im a bit confused, is this for figuring out hwo to use modern blades in it?

beautiful razor btw,

and again, congrats for the wedding

I have modified Gem blades the same way to fit my Eagle Improved lather catcher.:wink:It is a very light weight razor,and the shave quality suffers unfortunately.:frown:Dave's Zinn Gem looks like it has a bit more heft to it.

I want a lather catcher....I've steered away from the lovely streamliner set. too pricey for me. I'm guessing LC are the latest collector cra$e. :sad:

Very nice Dave.

Can you also post pictures of what the blades look like, and what your mod'd blades look like?
im a bit confused, is this for figuring out hwo to use modern blades in it?

beautiful razor btw,

and again, congrats for the wedding

my wife lost our camera :redface:

they basically look like a spineless SE blade, same length but only about 1/2 the height. when i cut it i cut the top half off after removing the spine.

phil, the zinn is actually lightweight despite its appearance.

and thanks everyone. i was married on may 19th actually :001_smile

this is w/o a doubt the most aggressive razor ive ever used.

this is a kind of razor that makes you SERIOUSLY consider getting rid of all the rest.

:huh:

Top Bottom