What's new

The Worst Blade

A lot of people are mentioning blades which are actually deemed "good" blades. If you really want a bad blade try a Supermax Stainless. Draggy, rough, dull, scratchy. There's a difference between "YMMV" (some people love Feathers, others hate them) and an actual bad blade. I think these blades are the latter. Also backed up by their price at €10 for a 200 pack which is extremely cheap. You get what you pay for.

*Not to be confused with Supermax Super Stainless, which I have read are decent.

When I started DE shaving a few years ago, I bought a pack of Wilkinson Sword from Wal Mart. Talk about a rough shave! They tugged on my whiskers like crazy. I haven't touched one since then. I should try one out to see if it was my technique, or to see if the blades are really that horrible.

So I decided to load a Wilkie into my '40s SuperSpeed to see what would happen. I didn't experience any tugging I had from before, but I noticed they aren't nearly as sharp as my go-to blades which are Personna blue labs. This verifies that my technique has improved over the last couple years.

Treet are awful. I got a free sample pack of 10 in another blade order. At first, I thought it was nice of the shipper to include something extra. After using a couple, I decided they realized they'd never sell them so they were just giving them away.

Dorco 300 is a close second for me. Terrible tugging from those.

Top Bottom