What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2024

That would be May purchases. Other than that stupid bottle of satled caramel irish cream that taste like 💩, The rest should see me through out the summer and allow me to start investing in higher value bottle.

Decided on the Early Times rather than Evan Williams as my mixing bourbon for the next few month. I'll give it a spin tonight and see what it is made of in an old Fashion

IMG_1938.jpg

In case you want to do something else than Xmas hopping in late november and want to see what France can offer in term of wine.

This was my go to place to stock up for Xmas gift and what's not good bottle for the year. All wine sold their must be sold by the wine grower and not sold through whole seller in France. It took more than a decade for my brother to finnaly drink all I had stached at my parents house after I left the US, Yes, I used to buy a lot of Wine when I lived in Paris in the early 2000s

This is a massive offering that might take you a day or two to fully peruse if your stomach allow it.

As for my American Friends, it often happened during thanksgiving week end making it a possibility to attend ... just saying.

Unfortunately their website do not appear to not cater to the non french speaking folks
Unfortunately my proper storage space is quite limited (~ 300 bottles) and my French even after 5 years in Highschool practically nonexistent…

Every couple of years I contemplate buying a defunct cellar but affordable ones that are in less then 2 hour driving distance are rare as hen teeths :)

Unfortunately my proper storage space is quite limited (~ 300 bottles) and my French even after 5 years in Highschool practically nonexistent…

Every couple of years I contemplate buying a defunct cellar but affordable ones that are in less then 2 hour driving distance are rare as hen teeths :)
Let me get the misses on the case, I am sure a week end in Paris will get you making plan in a hurry ;)

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Super interested to see what you think of the McKenna 10 year. I thought my last bottle was underwhelming until I got to the bottom third or so. It seemed to improve well beyond the neck pours.
I’ll let you know. I’m finishing a bottle that was put in the barrel in 05 and have another one (unopened) that was barreled in 08 so I’ll hav e pretty good idea if tastes have changed dramatically over the years.

Top Bottom